GSXR 1100 Con Rods

4 hours ago, Arttu said:

Well, the Katana rods can handle over 500hp so no wonder if they look beefier...

Wow!! I thought somewhere around 300..

Maybe I should give mine more boost then ;)

You know what crankcases can handle?

Edited by Reinhoud
14 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

Wow!! I thought somewhere around 300..

Maybe I should give mine more boost then ;)

You know what crankcases can handle?

It isn't that straightforward to tell what power some parts can handle since there are multiple other factors affecting too. For example rpms stress the rods more than just power. Hard launches on prepped track are often main reason for breaking cases and so on.

But as far as I know stock GSX rods, 493 Katana rods and EFE ones, are often used on 500-600hp Funny bikes. So they really can handle some serious power. If we are talking about GSX cases I think they are still realtively reliable around 500hp. They can handle even more but at 800hp level this kind views tend to get more common.

GSX_lohko.thumb.jpg.90039a6177eb5b022ef9e70de8bb51f4.jpg

• Like 4
On 3/6/2023 at 1:47 AM, Arttu said:

It isn't that straightforward to tell what power some parts can handle since there are multiple other factors affecting too. For example rpms stress the rods more than just power. Hard launches on prepped track are often main reason for breaking cases and so on.

But as far as I know stock GSX rods, 493 Katana rods and EFE ones, are often used on 500-600hp Funny bikes. So they really can handle some serious power. If we are talking about GSX cases I think they are still realtively reliable around 500hp. They can handle even more but at 800hp level this kind views tend to get more common.

GSX_lohko.thumb.jpg.90039a6177eb5b022ef9e70de8bb51f4.jpg

Damn, you would almost be proud of blowing it up like that ;)

I had to remove material to allow for the bigger sleeves, therefore the material around a couple of studs is a bit thin, I would think that the cylinder block would rip out the studs.

The hard launch I knew, sounds logic.

I blew mine up after mis shifting, and f-ing around with the ignition timing, I did accidentaly somthing right.

The amount of RPM I'm aware of too, piston speed and the weight of the pistons.

On 3/9/2023 at 3:05 AM, Reinhoud said:

Damn, you would almost be proud of blowing it up like that ;)

I had to remove material to allow for the bigger sleeves, therefore the material around a couple of studs is a bit thin, I would think that the cylinder block would rip out the studs.

The hard launch I knew, sounds logic.

I blew mine up after mis shifting, and f-ing around with the ignition timing, I did accidentaly somthing right.

The amount of RPM I'm aware of too, piston speed and the weight of the pistons.

I wouldn't worry too much about piston speed. Our 200-300g piston is nothing compare to those promod piston combo...

https://rehermorrison.com/tech-talk-80-getting-to-know-nitrous/

Cheers,

MM

• Like 1