is The 89 "RR K" That Rare ???

Evoluzione

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, Dezza said:

Seems to me that most cool stuff advertised in Japan is double the price of the same stuff outside of Japan (apart from offset sprockets sourced directly from XFAM).

I was in Japan spring 2018 .. and got talking to a chap in one of the shops there. His English was really not bad. His view was that bikes from the 70s, 80s and 90s were commanding massive prices. Special build "modernised" stuff, especially RR type models command such a premium as to be almost out of reach of anyone but the richest peeps. He was blow away by how cheap relatively stuff in the UK was - to the point he was saying he really needed to think about finding a contact to re-import bikes back to Japan. It all got a bit confusing but it seemed to be something to do with registering bikes over a certain size in CC's and age. They needed to be made "special/custom" to get round some Japanese rules to be able to have them on the road or somesuch. I got the impression that the older the bike the more expensive it was to keep it on the road as they yearly testing process was prohibitive? Mushi-san was a lovely bloke with an old BSA Bantam brit bike and a Harley he was very very proud of. Frankly it looked like a turd to me … but it would be a strange world if we all liked the same thing.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:52 PM, Dezza said:

Seems to me that most cool stuff advertised in Japan is double the price of the same stuff outside of Japan (apart from offset sprockets sourced directly from XFAM).

Everyone is on to it now. Up until around two or three years ago you could still buy hard to find and trick bits cheap to reasonable prices