Harris Mag 2 alternative swingarm?

Guest YoshiJohnny

Guest YoshiJohnny

I loathe the original spindleshank swingarm on my Mag 2

Has anyone used anything off the wall that wasn't too much strife to fit?

I don't want a single sider

YJ

Guest YoshiJohnny
Just now, Dezza said:

Do they have any of the normal style wheel adjusters for JMC arms? Mine has the so called quick release eccentric adjusters - these suckO.o:(

No I don't think so, when JMC got broken into and a load of material along with 10 boxed and ready to ship swingarms the guy who owned the company was gutted.... then the insurance refused to pay out.. he was a broken man.

The stock was just the alloy extrusion lengths and apparently it was fucking expensive...

The thieves got away with a good bit of it too.

10 hours ago, YoshiJohnny said:

No I don't think so, when JMC got broken into and a load of material along with 10 boxed and ready to ship swingarms the guy who owned the company was gutted.... then the insurance refused to pay out.. he was a broken man.

The stock was just the alloy extrusion lengths and apparently it was fucking expensive...

The thieves got away with a good bit of it too.

I bet the bastards weighed it in! what a waste.

If you are planning changing out the standard swingarm for something more substantial, worked off a conventional linkage, please be sure to replace the frame crossmember which you are planning on brazing or tigging the top and bottom linkages/ shock mounts too.

The standard tubing is seriously thin guage 531 and not designed to take big loads , its not up to the job. I found this out the hard way on my own harris, but luckily before it caused a serious malfunction. it was just starting to stress and bend the tube, after a couple of thousand miles, but nonetheless, do it once, do it right., don't die, that's my new motto. 

• Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny
34 minutes ago, baldrick said:

If you are planning changing out the standard swingarm for something more substantial, worked off a conventional linkage, please be sure to replace the frame crossmember which you are planning on brazing or tigging the top and bottom linkages/ shock mounts too.

The standard tubing is seriously thin guage 531 and not designed to take big loads , its not up to the job. I found this out the hard way on my own harris, but luckily before it caused a serious malfunction. it was just starting to stress and bend the tube, after a couple of thousand miles, but nonetheless, do it once, do it right., don't die, that's my new motto. 

Thanks just gonna use the conventional shock set up... I will see how the K1 arm sits in it...

35 minutes ago, baldrick said:

Yes I am aware of this, my one is going to be like the one in the pic on a magnum 1 JMC arm as well.

FB_IMG_1547678836197.jpg

• Like 1