Anyone here running a Sims and Rohm kit ?

FJD

I nearly bought one about 5 years ago but the supercharger was basicy scrap ...so gave it a miss 

A few have been updated with a sprintex unit and are much better

There is a guy in the Tampa area who is regarded by many as the guru on them ... there is / was a bit of use-full info on the net   

there is info on one of the UFO bikes here but there are pop up adds on the pages

https://www.sportrider.com/sr-archive-sims-engineering-suzuki-gsx-r1216-ufo-1996

Edited by Duckndive

There both Sims & Rohm the Red Engine just uses a tooth belt rather than the original ribbed set up...later kits had the toothed belt as standard I understood

this is the kit I was offered back in 2009 it also had the toothed belt and the carb had been upgraded to a HSR but the blower was worn out

Super_Charger3.JPG.781fceea51691e36f5c777ffc976f328.JPG

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Just looking at that drive belt - its about the same size as the one driving my alternator and water pump on the car - looks a bit undersized to me - a toothed Gates timing belt would be better?

Later kits had a gates belt ...but the original blowers were not Teflon stripped and did not offer much resistance 

Rode one in Florida about 23 yr ago 

when I used to go there 2 or 3 times a year 

was awesome  bearing in mind mine was running 225 bhp at the rear wheel at the time

spoke to Sims and Rohm about ordering a kit 

very helpful on phone 

things took a dive at work so never pushed on with it 

the kit I rode was running a side draught Mikuni which looked a bit like a side draught Webber at the time 

nicely finished 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...