Rear caliper suggestions

ZenViking

10 hours ago, johnr said:

if youre using a bandit wheel and disk, use a bandit caliper and hanger so you know it fits, you might need to make the spindle hole fit, but thats hardly the end of the world.

Yes i was thinking of using the Bandit caliper but I want too upgrade to a bigger rear caliper and disk, 2 pistons seeing it's a big rigg. 

Edited by ZenViking
correcting spelling/writing
47 minutes ago, no class said:

Zen..... going big in the rear is overkill. You can easily get wheel lock- up with a small caliper / disc set- up....... up front is where the action is .

You've obviously not ridden an Italian bike or one with a similar all Brembo set up. You'd have to be wearing deep-sea divers' lead weighted boots to get the back to lock!O.o

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

You've obviously not ridden an Italian bike or one with a similar all Brembo set up. You'd have to be wearing deep-sea divers' lead weighted boots to get the back to lock!O.o

Actually Dez.....owned 2 pasta rockets in the past 97' 900ss and a 916...... tried my brothers 1199 panigale  also......so yes.... I have ridden a few Italian bikes. All my  "real" ( suzuki )bikes use HH pads.....and I rarely use the back brake .:tu

• Like 2
3 hours ago, no class said:

Zen..... going big in the rear is overkill. You can easily get wheel lock- up with a small caliper / disc set- up....... up front is where the action is .

I thought it was go big or go home... but all jokes aside I have enough stoping power up front, or at least i think i have. My 1100W front fork came with the original 6 piston calipers so i'm planing to keep them.

what i'm looking for in the back is a more modern duel piston, want to upgrade but wasn't planing to go for the biggest vice i found.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:17 PM, Dezza said:

Well, that's answers a question i asked about if the Brembo stuff is any better than the Suzuki OEM stuff xD

As to the rear brakes bit, apart from being a bit smaller and lighter the gsxr/bandit/rf etc caliper are all still twin opposing position as the 1980 gs/gsx ones, if it was me and if you're not swiping the rear wheel etc just put HH pads in ;) but if you're swoping the rear wheel to a more modern one in the standard swing arm and need a one top caliper to go with the wheel any of the gsxf ones will work very well.

6 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

You want one of these blue spots with brembo master cylinder, you do:tu:D

I just so happen to have no use for this lot....

Well if your not using it, then i don't see why i shouldn't ;) 

Is that a pull action MC? I was thinking of stikking with the OEM MC, and just changing the caliper and brake lines. But if it's a pull action MC i'm definitely interested. PM me (y)

1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

i was going to put t on my tpot, but then found the right one:tu

The right one being?

I could still be interested in the caliper, I'm waiting to hear from a guy in Sweden about some salvaged parts.

Can I send you a PM if the parts from Sweden don't measure up? 

In general i'm not looking for

1 hour ago, Rene EFE said:

I've got a GSXR caliper on mine, with a hackjob hanger. Works absolutely fine and really don't want/need anything stonger or more aggressive (and there's not a person on the planet that uses more back brake than me)

Love the bike, really like that gray base color. and i can't even see that little piece of iron welded on the inside of the swingarm :tu

As for the breaks i'm not looking for some super agro rear break setup. Just want something with better stopping power than my old EFE oven mitts.

9 hours ago, wraith said:

Well, that's answers a question i asked about if the Brembo stuff is any better than the Suzuki OEM stuff xD

As to the rear brakes bit, apart from being a bit smaller and lighter the gsxr/bandit/rf etc caliper are all still twin opposing position as the 1980 gs/gsx ones, if it was me and if you're not swiping the rear wheel etc just put HH pads in ;) but if you're swoping the rear wheel to a more modern one in the standard swing arm and need a one top caliper to go with the wheel any of the gsxf ones will work very well.

Brembo also has to obey the laws of physics...  

Generally speaking, it seems Nissin and Brembo are both rated higher then Tokico. Didn't the Busa come with a slightly larger disc? If you need that extra leverage and mass to keep the heat in the rear brake down a bit.. Pretty sure there is a gold rear caliper with alloy pistons of later gixers that is a straight fit onto many Suzi's. But there is also one with a different bolt spacing so beware. Pretty sure I've got one of the latter, free to a good home (it's in NL).