Clutch Brake Chinese hidraulic opinion

kemal

9 hours ago, wsn03 said:

I don't have any, but when I looked on the net I found numerous bike forums with horror stories. 

I did enough work with Chinese manufacturers to know that material specs can be unreliable enough for me not to take a chance.

The source that told us of brake lever breakages is a well known engineer in the motorbike racing world, but I'd rather not quote him.

You pay your money, you take your chances

I've heard the horror stories a fair few times throughout different forums but have yet to see a picture or a failed lever, not to say they haven't failed but pictures speak a thousand words, on the other hand, I have known plenty of stock cast aluminium levers fail, so I think it's just luck of the draw 

2 hours ago, Sam-Jaffa said:

I've heard the horror stories a fair few times throughout different forums but have yet to see a picture or a failed lever, not to say they haven't failed but pictures speak a thousand words, on the other hand, I have known plenty of stock cast aluminium levers fail, so I think it's just luck of the draw 

That's a scary thought! Maybe stick with OEM??

15 minutes ago, wsn03 said:

That's a scary thought! Maybe stick with OEM??

Even OEM parts fail, E.G. I've known loads of bandit right hand foot rests fail and crack near the master cylinder, yet people still use them.

it's the law of reviews with stuff like this, you could sell 1000 items, 990 like your things yet less than a third would leave a good review, those other 10, most not them will leave a bad review to warn people off and that's what potential customers will see, they would be aware that the other 990 have been faultless

48 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

A footrest cracking is an inconvenience - a broken front brake lever is a tad more serious! I've snapped and bent OEM levers ONLY by throwing the bike down the road - any other time and IMO, makes them not 'fit for purpose'

Where I say crack I meant break in to 2 pieces.

Referring back to the levers, I've had 4 or 5  sets on various bikes and never had an issue with then

On 1/12/2019 at 11:33 PM, Sam-Jaffa said:

I must ask if there is any material refering to these breakages? I've never heard of a Chinese lever failing, I've ran them on alotbof bikes, I've even had my bike fall on another bike clutch lever first and the lever never failed

Chinese radial brake levers. The plunger is often too long or poorly machined so it preload the piston covering the bleed port to the reservoir.

All seems good till 19 miles down the road, the fluid heats up and expands locking the brakes. Had one do this, though I spotted the issue before I left my workshop. Heard numerous instance of this causing problems.

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

Chinese radial brake levers. The plunger is often too long or poorly machined so it preload the piston covering the bleed port to the reservoir.

All seems good till 19 miles down the road, the fluid heats up and expands locking the brakes. Had one do this, though I spotted the issue before I left my workshop. Heard numerous instance of this causing problems.

I had this on a non Oldskoolsuzuki bike. Plunger was too long and made pads drag.

5 minutes with a file and never had anymore issues.

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

Yes you are right but I have seen this on a Gsxr after a master cylinder recall where the ASV lever that worked previously caused the same & cooked the discs. I guess the differences must be very small so care is needed regardless of the origin of the part.

14 minutes ago, coombehouse said:

Yes you are right but I have seen this on a Gsxr after a master cylinder recall where the ASV lever that worked previously caused the same & cooked the discs. I guess the differences must be very small so care is needed regardless of the origin of the part.

Absoloulty. a huge amount of care is need. Which is why brembo and the like spend a huge amount of money on qa.

Most Chinese manufacturers don't even know what they are making let allow the tolerances needed.

If you know what you are doing, it's ok you can gently them to work.

Most motorcycle owners enthusiasm outstrips there knowledge.

Not a good combination.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...