Clutch Brake Chinese hidraulic opinion

kemal

7 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

And when it comes to brakes...........can you afford for them to fail - EVER ? 

Well, no. But there's tons of Chinese bikes sailing about and I haven't heard any horror stories.

I think the issue is variability, like I say. A lot of manufacturers outsource to China but implement tight QC. Most wouldn't think anything of buying a branded accessory that might have been manufactured in China if it's got a recognised name on it. 

My mate bought a pair of them for his GSX750 - bad mistake - he had to rob the brake master cylinder off my B12 project so we could make it down to

the Ace Cafe for Blue Haze Day.

There was no way at all it would bleed up - we are both in the motor trade and tried all the usual tricks, bench bleeding/vac bleeding/leaving it overnight with the level cable tied back etc etc.

It was eventually launched into the corner of the workshop !

Looks pretty but one POS.

Stick with OEM is my advice.

I wouldn't trust Chinese safety critical hydraulic parts. Not worth the risk. Brake levers though are a different deal. Standard levers are made from cast alloy whereas the Chinese CNC levers are made from bar or plate allegedly 6061. It's unlikely that it would be possible to load the lever enough to break it when braking. I have been using Chinese CNC levers for a very long time without any issues.

Chinese make aircraft parts, nuclear power plants and all sorts of safety critical stuff that has to past international standards.  Such parts aren't very much cheaper than stuff sourced in Europe,

If it cost pennies ask your self how much quality control has gone into the design, materials selection and QA.  

Like wise with Chinese billet levers, they look good, and often are mabe from decent material, doesn't mean they aren't badly designed machined so they'll lock your front brakes solid at 80mph.

common sense needed here guys.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, wsn03 said:

Nooooooo!

I went on a training course the other day, they gave a big warning about Chinese brake leavers breaking under heavy load- killed a lot of riders apparently. Dont do it!!!

I must ask if there is any material refering to these breakages? I've never heard of a Chinese lever failing, I've ran them on alotbof bikes, I've even had my bike fall on another bike clutch lever first and the lever never failed

West: "We want more and more consumer shite, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap."

Chinese: "OK, we will make the cheap consumer shite you demand."

West: "Why is there so much poor quality shite? We are innundated with this stuff. Everywhere you look, shite, shite, shite."

Chinese: "Err, because you lot asked us to make all this cheap shite......."

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Sam-Jaffa said:

I must ask if there is any material refering to these breakages? I've never heard of a Chinese lever failing, I've ran them on alotbof bikes, I've even had my bike fall on another bike clutch lever first and the lever never failed

I had cheap Chinese anodized levers on my old gpz9 years ago. My mate used it out on a run with me. He snapped the brake lever in his hand and ran up a grass verge, luckily he wasnt giving it much. Admittedley it was a few years ago but it has made me wary.

14 hours ago, Sam-Jaffa said:

I don't have any, but when I looked on the net I found numerous bike forums with horror stories. 

I did enough work with Chinese manufacturers to know that material specs can be unreliable enough for me not to take a chance.

The source that told us of brake lever breakages is a well known engineer in the motorbike racing world, but I'd rather not quote him.

You pay your money, you take your chances