DTA ECU mapping

skelly

Righty...

Coil on time, I have a choice of 1000 to 4000 micro seconds, I'm using a pair of dyna grey 2.2 ohm coils, would also like an idea of coil on time vs batt voltage.

Throttle transients ? nothing I do seems to work.

Injector dead time (open & close time) I'm using nikki 771 injectors from a gsx 1400.

That's about it at the mo.

Cheers.

Skel.

I have no experience with DTA but maybe I can help a bit.

2.2 Ohm coils are designed to work with systems that charge coils for some fixed part of the engine revolution. and then at low RPM dwell (on time) would be really long, like 10-20ms. So from your choices 4000 us would be better and probably quite ok for the coils. Battery voltage correction isn't that critical with these coils. But you can enter there something that reduces linearly with voltage above 12V and increases exponentially below. For example 100% addition around 8-9V.

I have no data for those injectors but I think 0.8ms dead time should be pretty close. And maybe 0.1ms / V voltage correction if you can set that. I think these should be close enough since the injectors are relatively small for the engine displacement.

12 hours ago, skelly said:

Righty...

Coil on time, I have a choice of 1000 to 4000 micro seconds, I'm using a pair of dyna grey 2.2 ohm coils, would also like an idea of coil on time vs batt voltage.

Throttle transients ? nothing I do seems to work.

Injector dead time (open & close time) I'm using nikki 771 injectors from a gsx 1400.

That's about it at the mo. Cheers. Skel.

Just checked my mapping - bearing in mind its a 2.0L Zetec engine !

Coilpack with 3000us setting (I used 3500us with dyna greens and Motec ECU on my bike), Throttle transients - dunno! Using the settings from base map, std. Mondeo injectors (200cc I think) 0.7 dead time.

Regarding the Throt. Transients - DTA has 3 bikes mapped - all suzuki! - and their TT's do vary slightly but not massively to each other or to my zetec tune so would safely say the settings have 'minimal effect' - just smooth the rough edges on accell and decell?

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gixer1460

Cheers guys, interesting stuff.

I set my coil on time to 3000, 

injector dwell to 0.8ms at 13 volts and reduced it by 0.1ms for voltage increase and increased it by 0.1ms for voltage decrease...I think.

I'll post a picture in a bit.

Anyhow, the bike starts and sounds fucking amazing.

Cheers

Skelly.

• Like 1