petrol in my oil

philwright

On 12/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Buzuki said:

In my 88-R750J  I use just one Bosch Diesel in line fuel filter but positioned under the carbs , Diesel fuel filter can not cause fuel starvation since is not paper based but is  plastic fine mesh type,  just one rubber pipe comes from fuel tank tap to under to filter , tap second output is closed with one short rubber pipe and one bolt , from filter output I use one plastic T piece to connect to carbs two fuel inputs ,  by positioning filter under the carbs he also colect water from fuel , water is heavier than gasoline and can not raise in the carbs float bowl chambers , 

Diesel in line filter.jpg

I presume you have a vac system on your carbs. Mine is gravity fed. Would filter under the carbs work with gravity fed? 

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

If the fuel supply is higher than the carbs then the float bowls will always fill by gravity!

Thank you. Next year after the season I'll be fitting the new washers to my carbs. Might have a look at re-routing my fuel filter to below the carbs if there is space

wsn03 

No problem with fuel feed at all if the diesel pre filter is instaled under the carbs,

btw ,also want to insert one cylindrical small neodimium  magnet inside of the fitler on the fuel input side to collect oxidation metal dirt which sometime come from fuel tank ,

I think that sand like oxidation metal dirt is bad for engine cylinders and piston rings health , that metal dirt can behave like some fine lap paste .

(will post few pics later) 

4 hours ago, Buzuki said:

wsn03 

No problem with fuel feed at all if the diesel pre filter is instaled under the carbs,

btw ,also want to insert one cylindrical small neodimium  magnet inside of the fitler on the fuel input side to collect oxidation metal dirt which sometime come from fuel tank ,

I think that sand like oxidation metal dirt is bad for engine cylinders and piston rings health , that metal dirt can behave like some fine lap paste .

(will post few pics later) 

I like the magnets idea, I will do that. And thanks for posting the pictures, definitely a way I'd like to go:tu

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this happened to me at a drag meeting on my 750m engined slabby. It was in the finals and with no time to strip and clean I turned the fuel off till I did my run. It popped and banged a bit but cleared off the line...the bike ran for quarter of a mile with fuel in the oil (maybe a cup full) got home drained oil and filter, left the filter and breather off in hope to evaporate any left residue. Bike ran fine for another season and a half with no I'll effects. I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Like 1

I may have done something similar :$ left bike for a few days, struck it up and it poured bout gallon of petrol out top breather it was running for about 30 secs like this whilst by brain was trying to work out what it was seeing :( changed the oil thrashed the tits of it, its all good (y)