Racing Skoal Blandit

Simbec1863

Thought I should start the build thread early on...... as at 50 plus I’ve decided to go racing next season.....O.o already joined a race club and signed up for my ACU course next Feb.

Off up North Saturday  to pick up a cheap blandit track bike that I plan to make race ready for next March,thanks already to @fatblokeonbanditand @Markz9 for their advice and support,I will post pics as I go and try to keep it interesting,wanted to race my slabbie but can’t bring myself to convert her yet so will try my hand first season on a blandit and see how I go from there :D

• Like 11

Not much when it comes to mods,standard airbox, free jetting but no other carb stuff,after market exhaust with same bore as original noise limit 105db.Original wheels etc etc.The exhaust system is a brand new delkevic so I need to do a few track days when I’ve got the bike prepped just to see how it performs.

Edited by Simbec1863

Think they’re mk1’s but haven’t checked yet as it’s too dark in the shed to see tonight.

The first track day will be at darley moor as it’s local just as a shake down after the winter,then will try to do Donny and Cadwell as well before the series gets to them,I’ll be wobbling round anyway getting in peoples way at first I’m sure :D

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Ditch the closing cable, dont need it, a well lubed opener and the return spring will do the trick, saves a few quid and makes it so much easier to get the carbs on and off:tu

Cheers good tip as it was a bastard to get them  off today :D,is it worth getting a QA throttle or is this a waste of cash

• 2 weeks later...

While I’m in Germany thought I’d make a list of the things I need to do or get hold of xD before the season starts 

Tyre warmers

Genny

Fuel cans

Fire extinguisher 

Front stand

Bike related tasks are as follows;

Refit the carbs 

Fit the yamahaha throttle and new cable

Change the clutch cable

Change the bearings in the wets and get some normal road pads

Sticker the beast up OSS style

Check the regs to make sure I haven’t forgotten anything

Learn how to lockwire like a pro and then lockwire like a complete amateur probably

Test ride on a closed road/track

Shakedown test at a local track

Need to stop now getting a headache,I’m sure it will get easier once the first race is here.....hopefully anyway

Meeting up with a load of the bandit lads at Mallory in Feb so will pick there brains too 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simbec1863 said:

While I’m in Germany thought I’d make a list of the things I need to do or get hold of xD before the season starts 

Tyre warmers

Genny

Fuel cans

Fire extinguisher 

Front stand

Bike related tasks are as follows;

Refit the carbs 

Fit the yamahaha throttle and new cable

Change the clutch cable

Change the bearings in the wets and get some normal road pads

Sticker the beast up OSS style

Check the regs to make sure I haven’t forgotten anything

Learn how to lockwire like a pro and then lockwire like a complete amateur probably

Test ride on a closed road/track

Shakedown test at a local track

Need to stop now getting a headache,I’m sure it will get easier once the first race is here.....hopefully anyway

Meeting up with a load of the bandit lads at Mallory in Feb so will pick there brains too 

I have all the race kit if you get stuck and need to borrow owt/all of it

• Like 2