gsx1100g/gsxf/gsxr/bandit 1200 crank compatibility.

VJ

in the quest for an easier to find spare crank for a gsx1100g project I have done a lot of research into oilcooler cranks, So heres the information ive found incase anyone else is looking:

Big end pins and bearing journals have the same diameters, service limits and thrust spacing are the same across gsx1100g, gsx1100f, bandit 1200 and gsxr1127 from 98-92.

Stroke is 59mm on all models, the b12 getting its extra cc from 79mm bore not 78mm. (58mm stroke on 1052, thanks Gixer1460)

Primary gear is straight cut on all exept the Gsx1100f.

Primary teeth count is where things also vary, the bandit 1200 and gsxr1100 both have 46 teeth on the primary, the gsx1100g and gsx1100f both have 44 teeth But arent compatible because of the helical gear on the gsx1100f.

I was going to start looking into possibly buying a powerscreen crank and clutch basket to fit into my gsx1100g project but have since found a cheap bottom end i'm willing to take a chance on.

Hopefully this info helps people and feel free to correct me if ive made a mistake or reply with anything that needs adding and i'll edit.

Cheers

John

Edited by VJ
title change

ah good logic there CC, that saves a bit of hassle.

Banoffee, good information there but im not sure i agree with it, the gsxg crank i have in my dead engine is definatley straight cut primary. However it has 78mm stroke according to the manual....

That leaves me with the knowledge that the journals and big ends are the same across gsxg/gsxf/gsf cranks however the Gsx11g and Gsx11f have 78mm stroke instead of the bandits 79, but the gsx11g has a straight cut primary unlike the others.

looks like the gsxr1100 cranks from 89-92 have 78mm throw and the same journals and big ends, they are straight cut primary right?

Cheers

John

Edited by VJ

thats embarassing :$ i was quick reading specs in manuals i have and i was looking at bores not strokes :v

turns out they are all 59mm stroke so in that case im good with anything except a powerscreen crank so long as the teeth are the same on the primary drive?

C'mon fellas, count ya teeth for me and we can add this info to the link Banoffee posted. (y)