GS1000 Exhaust...

RockaDerp

Hi all Newb to the site with a question that I can't find the answer to by searching...  I've got the chance to get a 79 GS1000 and was wondering if anyone has advice on best exhaust system for one?  I'll likely be building a Texaco Heron cafe style tribute and was hoping someone knew how to get ahold of a repro Yoshi style or Bassani super bike exhaust or something similar...  I know my wallet will bleed should I find one.   Carpy made a repro yoshi system about 4 years ago but he's since gotten rid of the jig as he only sold about 10 units...

Edited by RockaDerp

Welcome!

That's a mighty fine question, but it's very subjective and personal.

I have a 4-1 Marshall exhaust. It's deeper sounding than the original 2-1+2-1. Still it's not deep enough for me.

I've been searching on u-tube and found a V&H drag race megaphone 4-1 than sounded really cool. But I don't think the government would appreciate it, nor the neighbors...

For comparison I had a Lazer carbon fiber slip-on installed on a kwak ZR-7. (Dear moderator, forgive me my sins). It was really deep, like my duc monster 800 with termignoni exhaust.

Found a clip online of a GS with termignoni, but the audio was crap. 

There are several guys in here made there own. Have a look around :)

But yeah, I would like a video /audio sticker thread with exhaust in focus :)

I'm in the search myself ;) but I like the classic look and are leaning towards V&H street legal megaphone 

Hope this was some what helpful 

Cheers

• Like 1

One option would be an Eagle Mach 7 system. They don't list them for the GS1000, but the GSX1100 system fits.

Then get a link pipe made up to position the silencer at whatever angle you want. You could even just buy the downpipes, get a link pipe made and fit whatever can you want.20181004_123703.thumb.jpg.ef9ebb09a3c116fa8264f2c8c404cbbf.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you all kindly for your replies!!!  I'm loving the looks of the Eagle Mach 7! 

I'm thinking that might just be the ticket, I was worried that my only choice would be a Delkevic kit...

Now I'm curious if all GSX1100 kits would work, lord knows the genius of Suzuki making it so easy to swap

parts from different models and years!

9 minutes ago, RockaDerp said:

Thank you all kindly for your replies!!!  I'm loving the looks of the Eagle Mach 7! 

I'm thinking that might just be the ticket, I was worried that my only choice would be a Delkevic kit...

Now I'm curious if all GSX1100 kits would work, lord knows the genius of Suzuki making it so easy to swap

parts from different models and years!

I should add that the GSX1100 header fits, but it's not likely the silencer mount would fit the GS1000. On my bike that wasn't necessary anyway.

• Like 1

I think I have found the solution to my problem!!!  After scouring the internet I started looking at some of my old saved web pages and there it was...  Motogpwerks out of California!!!  They are the ones that do everybody's "Yoshi" reproductions!  Crisis averted, thank you all so much for your time and help!!!

Yes, they are bloody awesome, but expensive by the time that get here downunder.  Unfortunately they won't sell just the muffler otherwise I'd have one now.  The entire headers/muffler set is fantastic, but a bit too expensive to get here when all I really need is the can.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...