1200 motor differences

Drake

Hey all, so I bought a decent with clean guts motor thats a 2001 or 2 but it was missing a pretty good amount of bolts and had a broken piston from with the joker PO lackadaisically put it together. 

I just bought a parts bike with plenty of good parts but it’s a 2000 model, and the PO said the motor has a knock, like “this motor is going to explode” knock. I’m wondering, what are the big differences on the internals? Such as clutch, crank, pistons, etc? I was thinking take the crank, pistons (with new rings) etc and put them in the 2000 model case since it has a good clutch and is a good clean case. 

I’m going to replace all of the gaskets, adjust the valves, torque the bolts to spec etc when I break it down and clean the internals but want to know what route I should take here. 

TIA

I’ll be picking it up from a friend today as I’m offshore and he snagged it for me, I’m hoping it’s a v720 motor but I have no idea. Truthfully I’m not even sure what PAIRS is, as if you remember from my previous post I’m a bit of a greenhorn here. 

Hahaha yes I’m in trump land. And perfect! That’s what I wanted to know, I’m just gonna Frankenstein these engines together and roll with it. I appreciate it, I’ll be posting the build on here when it’s done lol. I’ll have to research how to ditch the PAIRS shit and block it off

This is the rats nest of crap to be removed and once removed the oval pieces that bolt to the exhaust port need blanking with plates - some performance places do cnc plates or just cut some 3mm alloy plate and shape - leaks here will cause loud backfires on de-cell. Pipe 17 to the carbs can be blocked with an M6 screw and a zip tie to hold in position.

Bandit Pairs kit.jpg

Edited by Gixer1460
added a bit
On 8 December 2018 at 12:26 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Ah yes your in trump land arent you:D, basically the pairs is the emissions  system fitted to the mark 2 bandit engine, all the bits will swop over as there are only minor changes to the engine, stick the good top end on the good bottom end job done, ditch the pairs stuff and blank the holes off and off you go:tu

Wasn't the 01 engine the one with piston ring issues ??