750et rear end

Hey guys, got a 750et and started to mod it however no matter what spacers I make its impossible to make the 600 bandit rear wheel sit into the stock swing arm, I’ve measured everything and nothing seems to work, so the plan is to us a 1100 swing arm as it’s ally box instead or round steel, any knowledge would be appreciated, also any links to a swing arm as there is none haha

60139DE4-5A43-40BC-AF41-19EFF4C96DCD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blubber said:

The 1100 twin shock versions of that era fits.

Btw who's is the red one? 

Cheers and the red one is my cousins, he’s on here to, he’s just finished spraying it, it’s got b6 running gear with a Wes Cooley gs1000 front fairing, and that’s what I was thinking, use the 1100 swing arm or a kat one, only problem I got is can’t find one in the uk anywhere

use the et wheel spindle as its the right length for the swingarm, you might need to buy new bearings for the wheel, if you struggle getting it centred with the sprocket carrier, the gs500 sprocket carrier fits the wheel and is narrower. allowing you a bit moree lateral movement to centre it.  the bearing in the sprocket carrier is massive and has a top hat spacer in it, so you can keep the bearing but just modify or make up the spacer to suit the spindle diamiter.

28 minutes ago, johnr said:

use the et wheel spindle as its the right length for the swingarm, you might need to buy new bearings for the wheel, if you struggle getting it centred with the sprocket carrier, the gs500 sprocket carrier fits the wheel and is narrower. allowing you a bit moree lateral movement to centre it.  the bearing in the sprocket carrier is massive and has a top hat spacer in it, so you can keep the bearing but just modify or make up the spacer to suit the spindle diamiter.

Cheers, I take it that means I would need to make all the spacers for the rear wheel for it to go into the swing arm, then would have to make a Caliper and arm to work on it as well?

3 minutes ago, wraith said:

I believe gsxr slabside, slingshot and b6

I don’t think the b6 does as I tried a b12 swingarm and the pivot point is to narrow but don’t know about the others, also I have been thinking about launching a gsxr750 slingshot into it, not interested in speed, only how fast I can get round a corner and to be able to use all the power all the time

as i said, kat arm fits as a straight swap. it even uses the same spindle bearings as the et.  if youre after a complete swap that requires no mods then youre looking for some pretty rare kit like inzuma stuff but then you might not get it to fit at the pivot end. the kat arm is pretty good cos it will take a quite wide back wheel. use the brake caliper and bracket that goes with the wheel.

top of the page, there are three tags,  browse , activity and oldskoolsuzuki.info. click on this last tag, then look for a section called 'the vault'  down the right side are headings for different sections of tech info. in it you will find all you need to know about tuning and handling on aircooled oldskool suzukis. read and digest.

• Like 1

As @johnr says, have a good look/read at the vault and at Frankenstein's pages lots of very good info there on frame bracing engine transplant etc etc, also spend some time going through the members project pages, lots of people have done/doing what you are and it's full of good info and ideas (y)

The only problem with the search section is it comes up with thinks you where not looking for and you end up getting side tracked looking at other things xD

• Like 1

Ps, the only thing with using a gsx1100et/Kat swing arm is, yes they go straight in (y) but as you know not a lot about, as people keep hold of them and/or as you could not give them away at one point a lot just got bind, had one off my Kat when I put the gsxr rear end in tryed selling it for a £5 but no one wanted it and got fed up of tripping over it in the shed so it want to the tip o.O