Dot head cams

Hank

Hi all , in need of advice please, iv just removed a dot head and cams to transplant onto the bandit and found some pitting on a couple of the back n sides of  the inlet lobes, im assuming i need to replace this cam and am wondering if i should just get a standard one or go for a upgraded pair and if so do i get  upgraded gsxr j or b12 cams

Edited by Hank

I believe if you want for a fast road or road race cams they are the same for both gsxr1127 and bandit 1200, it's just the cam chain sprockets that are different but you will need to degree upgraded cams in ;)

The oil cooled cams do seem to have problems with pitting on the lobes, so you could get a second-hand cam but you may find some putting on that or not depending who you get it off :)

Pitting is not good but the amount of oil cooled motors out there that will have some pitting on the cams and you would never know until you take the cam cover off, all depends on how bad it is and If you have the cash to get new cams. ;)

• Like 1