slingshot front fork on a slabbie

manden

On 8/15/2018 at 8:11 PM, manden said:

just cooked the battery tonight and its now spending the night at a strangers garage :( im looking for a good upside down fork. and i would like to use the slingshot tees and stem if possible. ive heard that they should fit

All slingshot usd forks are mega heavy compared with the Slabby front end go for a gsxr1000 k2 setup (same weight) and just depends then on front wheel choice.

I have gsxr 1000 K1/2 forks on my blandit. I have them in 750L yokes. Fit straight in, so if a slingy 750L yoke/steering stem fits your slabby your laughing.

Also if it helps, i have triumph wheels also. Mine are speed triple 1050 wheels and the front shares the same spindle size as the k1/2 forks.

Mines still work in progress, so cant vouch for the finished product. I Just gotta make the spacers to centre the wheel, but not looked at the brakes yet.

Hth.

14 hours ago, Mark said:

I have gsxr 1000 K1/2 forks on my blandit. I have them in 750L yokes. Fit straight in, so if a slingy 750L yoke/steering stem fits your slabby your laughing.

Also if it helps, i have triumph wheels also. Mine are speed triple 1050 wheels and the front shares the same spindle size as the k1/2 forks.

Mines still work in progress, so cant vouch for the finished product. I Just gotta make the spacers to centre the wheel, but not looked at the brakes yet.

Hth.

All k series yokes for the Slabby&Slingy with a top bearing change 

22 hours ago, Mark said:

Hth.

Thanks m8 :) triumph rims are cheap. how did you manage spacers?

2 hours ago, manden said:

Thanks m8 :) triumph rims are cheap. how did you manage spacers?

Sry bud, work to be done on the spacers. Not looked into the front any further.

Im currently messing with the ssarm and thinking of going up to maybe a 280 rear, so would swop the front out for a matching wheel if that happens so shelved it to concentrate elsewhere atm.

Doesnt look too awkward though, just centre it and take some measurements.. then see how brakes line up.

Interested to see how you progress with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 12:34 AM, Mark said:

Hth.

I had k4 1000 forks in my b12 years ago, they are all short, if your a fat  bloke like me and brake hard,  you will have mudguard oil cooler interface problems:tu

took them off and used 750 slingy forks instead, that way you can use the b12 wheel, calipers, spindle and sppedo drive as well:tu

14 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

I had k4 1000 forks in my b12 years ago, they are all short, if your a fat  bloke like me and brake hard,  you will have mudguard oil cooler interface problems:tu

took them off and used 750 slingy forks instead, that way you can use the b12 wheel, calipers, spindle and sppedo drive as well:tu

How did you know im fat?! Are you stalking me?! :P

My rear is raised for faster flicking, so im planing on raising the front end the 20 mm thats possoble. The springs that in are 0.9 kg and maybe ill install 1.1kg springs. but ill have to drive it to see whats/if its actually nessasary

16 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

i just measured my slabside fork to be 725mm extended and aprox 685 withe sag. that should be on a bit shorter than the "new" forks 720 extended and ?with sag. i actually think it will be 10-15mm taller with sag than the slabside forks

2 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

fit the forks with the 0.9 springs and measure the sag for your weight, before you changer the springs:tu

Just measured , 750cc slabbie front fork is about 775mm long ( unloaded ) and 750cc slingshot (J/K) front fork is about 725mm long (unloaded) ,so difference in lenght is about 50mm , 

question , if slabbie front end goes 50mm down it will that new geometry negative influence overall bike stability ?