GSXR750 G 86 Jet Sizes !?

So getting the Flatsides stripped & cleaned at Bentleys... chap has said the carbs have MJ122.5, 20 PJ, Needle Jet P5 & Jet Needles 6DP3... but someone has slapped a Dynojet sticker on the bike... has this got a DJ kit?... or are these standard?... it’s running full Laser Exhaust & K&N Cones !?

any ideas of fitting jets jets to get it in the main ball park?... remembering reading waaaaaay back that you can use Mikuni Jets to get just a good result... or should I just go with a Factory Pro Kit !?

Tried searching but seems to be B12 jetting & all sorts popping up !!  

Edited by Brians 7/12

MJsize isn't std from memory . Not sure you can get a factory pro kit for the VM29ss flatsides, never found one on my searches but you may know where to look. If you have dynojet needles I think you need to stick with DJ mains though someone with more recent experience with DJ kits than me may add more relevant info as I last fitted one in the late 80s . 

Edited by Macduff

Original MJs are 97.5 (in Sweden at least). IIRC I used 117.5 with Yoshi and K&Ns, so your 122.5 sounds reasonable. I've never had any problems getting VM29s to run properly with Mikuni jet and needles. IMO, Dynojet is a waste of money (and confusing since they use their own sizes, and the needles and needle jets wear down a lot quicker than Mikuni's). 

Edited by Nik

Cool... Thanks... hopefully they are Mikuni... which I believe would be equivalent to DJ 130’s... which I’ve heard are what people get with good results... fingers crossed... ran fine with this jetting before I decided to strip & clean as float 1 kept leaking until the float bowl emptied out when switched off !!  :-o