GSXR 1100 STOLEN

2 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

As a whole it's not worth stealing, but in bits (especially if they knew the spec) It's worth a lot.  

Chances are it's someone who heard it was available to sell. 

Good luck finding it ;) 

It has been on Eblag for a week Rick so everyone would know the spec. Two blokes came to look at it mid week, took a video of it and left a false phone number. All pretty obvious now but at the time... They took his MV as well so not a bad nights work !

Cunts, def sounds like a scoping operation!

I'm always wary of selling from my address, but as a buyer not keen on buying from somewhere not the sellers address. Vicious circle really!

Had the Pikeys on a field nearby, they send the kids out on pushbikes scoping the garages, i never opened mine for a week till they were moved on!

4 minutes ago, Pete Stansfield said:

It has been on Eblag for a week Rick so everyone would know the spec. Two blokes came to look at it mid week, took a video of it and left a false phone number. All pretty obvious now but at the time... They took his MV as well so not a bad nights work !

I also get them to ring me on the phone in their hands to get the number, never a piece of paper ;) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

I also get them to ring me on the phone in their hands to get the number, never a piece of paper ;) 

Except Eblag don't allow you to put a phone number in an auction, only in a classified.  No real safe way, if you want to sell something you have to let people come and have a look so you run the risk. I guess we should film/photograph anyone who comes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though....

On 8/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Pete Stansfield said:

Except Eblag don't allow you to put a phone number in an auction, only in a classified.  No real safe way, if you want to sell something you have to let people come and have a look so you run the risk. I guess we should film/photograph anyone who comes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though....

You can always put an extra photo in the listing with a sign on the bike with your email & phone number. Bit late now I know but handy in the future.

Get it all over the net,  face book,  all the forums,  send a pic to Practical sports bike mag,  make it too hot for them to handle.  When mine was nicked I put it everywhere,  bastards dumped it after about 2 weeks,  was complete as well.  Now if only the police had told me it had been recoverd 5 mins from my home and Hills salvage hadn't tried to steal the bodywork . . . ..  Got it back though and that's what counts.