Dyno run, opinions please

Hi guys

Please see pics of my recent dyno run. 

Gs1000, CR33's, Wiesco 1085. 

Bike goes really well above 5500 rpm and pulls clean and crisp to 9000 rpm and is producing a healthy 112hp, but feels slightly hesitant below 5000 rpm, not bad but slightly. Can be ridden round the town fine but feels a bit lacking in the grunt department. 

As you can see a lean spike at 3750 rpm, I've raised the needles one notch but feels worse. Any opinions? 

1533036425552146247733.jpg

1533036475326583857306.jpg

Without AFR how do you know its lean? Something has changed between the green and red runs - what ? Cos the engine seemed to like it.

Only ridden one Big Bore GS1000 - same spec bar RS36's was an absolute torque monster - yours has nice flat curve but seems low?

What airfilters are you using? Any timing controls or running stock? What compression?

Not directly comparable, but my 1085 with RS36s pulled smoothly from under 3k, with no fluffiness etc. And that was with race cams!

It now has standard cams, and ET/GT type 34mm CV carbs with an Airbox.

It's now a total grunt monster, and pulls hard from idle, although I've lost the 'oh shit!' that I used to get at just over 5k :)

Guest YoshiJohnny
On 7/31/2018 at 6:51 PM, Spamwood said:

Open carbs, Dyna s, 10.25 to1. 

open carbs??? You mean flat backed no trumpets or stacks? CVs or flatslides?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...