Clutch dentistry

In my day job as a mechanical engineer, I have run across situations where parts were not properly heat treated and the resulting parts were extremely brittle. In my most recent case we had a batch of spindles start shearing splines when they never had before.

Pure speculation on my part, but your breaks look clean. Glad your crank seems fine.

Who built the housing? Is it billet? All I have ever had is modded stockers.

Cheers, Zweihammer 

3 hours ago, Blubber said:

Well...you did mention is had some play / movement / slack on the clutch before...

Maybe a previous owner tightened of the nut before positioning it correctly? 

Yep, I’m sure that’s the connection as well. Just curious as to the cause. Apparently drag racers have seen similar damage so maybe I shouldn’t wear the wife’s undies at traffic lights anymore!

On 7/31/2018 at 11:22 PM, johnr said:

is it deff a gsx 11 and not an efe? i seem to recall that the efe primary drive has a tooth or two different and so whilst it will go on, any attempt to turn the engine over will lock everything up because theres just no clearance.

Unfortunately not JR, it’s from an EZ but has Grumpys back plate modification, I wonder if it had a tougher life previously to me ragging the arse off it!!!