Vance & Hines powerpak

Hello oil cooled bods. I was recently gifted a V&H powerpak ignition for my slabby race bike. ( thanks @Mole28) It has various ignition performance  settings and also allows you to set the rev limiter.

On inspection of the setting toggle switches under the cover  I noticed that the ignition is labelled for use on the 750 not the 1100. It's old technology so I can't  find any searchable serial number for cross reference but I am otherwise assuming it will not work with the1052. Can anyone confirm?

15305618507477429483673722456748.jpg

15305619057281983365904984077666.jpg

White with 2 please.

And yes, will work with 750 and/or lemon onion.

If you can't change the limiter point, just be careful...

(edit) and Billy's 1216cc motor in her Bandit has been running with a 600cc ECU (and thus higher rev limiter) since it was built, doing plentiful drag races and (fortunately) no limiter bash.

Edited by zedhead
remembered summat else...
  • Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny

It will work as long as you have the twin pick ups and rotor..

The 750s rev limit was 1100rpm I think and the 1100 is a bit less... I never worry about that crap though and change gear when it stops pulling... tachos are for wusses

On 7/3/2018 at 7:36 AM, MeanBean49 said:

If 750 and 1100 both have twin ignition pickups and you can set the rev limit it should be fine

Aha here's the thing. Just went out to the garage and took a look at the V&H unit and it only has one pick up connection. The 1100 is a twin pick up. The CDI I have is in a bit of state open at one end and held together with cable ties so I may have to source a replacement.

3 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

Aha here's the thing. Just went out to the garage and took a look at the V&H unit and it only has one pick up connection. The 1100 is a twin pick up. The CDI I have is in a bit of state open at one end and held together with cable ties so I may have to source a replacement. 

Convert to 750 trigger setup?