VM29SS, High idle rpm

Thanks for replies

so...

It's a standard throttle cable, and it's not too tight, the "wheel" (where the throttle cable is connected) is touching the carbs, (it's nor easy to explain, but the iddle is set to minimum with the iddle screw, that is not touching anymore the "wheel").

so now, i can increase the rpm by tighten the screw, but not decrease as the screw is set to zero and the RPM is too high...

config is :

VM29SS + individual K/N filters + Yoshi steel duplex exhaust, the bike runs really well anywhere else, it's just the idle that's causing (minor) problem to me...

I also watched if there was some air intake but nope...

Guest YoshiJohnny

check all the slides bottom out..balance screws could be way out.. check the throttle return springs are both on...check for air leaks and weak mixture..

Edited by YoshiJohnny
  • 2 weeks later...

I would check first the throttle valves , it'll be easy with your K/N filters. If fully closed, check the choke plungers, I had all my plastic  starter plungers holder cracked. replaced them with  brass ones.

also you can try the squirt test.. squirt some fuel around the manifolds (each at a time) to see if there is any rpm (sound) change.

The choke is my best guess.