Аbout installing the seat...

Hello. Need a little help from those who have a stock GSXR. I wonder how the seat should be installed and supported. Because the previous owner of my GSXR slightly changed the attachment of the battery container, now the seat rests a little on the battery. I'm worried that I can damage the battery. I will be grateful if someone will explain or show how it should be.
I apologize for my English, I use "google translate".

IMG_20180612_124352.jpg

Edited by Romaz750R

Some more details would be useful - like what model GSXR?

That looks like no GSXR i'm familiar with - the battery is too high, there is usually a seat front rail across the frame at that point that the seat base nose slides under to locate it, using lock at the rear to hold it. Also tank retainer looks moody! Whole picture looks more than a little unsafe to me!

2 hours ago, Rene EFE said:

Looks like a slabby. The notch on the seat needs to go under the crossbar, which it can't now because your battery sits too high.

This is gsxr 750 1986. Some parts was rebuild by previous owner, and I don't know how they should be in stock and safe condition.

Do I understand correctly that the rubber gaskets under the seat shoud rest on the frame?

• 2 weeks later...