Carb jets

You may find that the standard type jets and the dynojet, even if they say the same size on them there are not, dynojet sizing is different to standard jet sizing.

Did have a diagram somewhere with it all on i will try and find it.

Your always best staying with ever standard jets or dynojets you know where you are then ;)

7 hours ago, Kraptanaman said:

Would the jets performance be altered with a chunk out of the screw slit?

No it shouldn't make a difference.

BTW I had this debate with Stuart Young at YPE. I had the chart that converted the the DJ jets to Mikuni based on the main jet hole diameter. Stuart assured me ( he has run a dyno for 20 years and tuned countless race bikes) that the profile of the DJ main jets gives them a superior flow rate and the sizes are actually on par with the mikuni sizes.

Hell, I don't  know.

Some say it won't be a problem but I'd just stick to one type of jet in the same bank of carbs, just saved any problems ;)

And if I remember right, the dynojet jets are smooth around the sides but there is a key that's the same size but has a line around the side and that is a different jet with different sizing as well.