Slingshot swinging arm into slabby

41 minutes ago, E T said:

I had thought about doing it with one of mine, everything looks fine apart from the rocker mounting to frame is wider on the slingy. Didn't look at swingarm bearings tho

I know the swinging arm spindles are diffrant sizes thats a easy fix, its the rest of it not sure about. Think it may of been Pedro from the old site that fitted a b12 arm to a slabside 1100 with he b12 knucke but I also know the 1100 shock is longer than the 750 slabside. O.o

There’s a slabby streetfighter on Eblag at mo with a GSXR thou swinging arm & shock so a slingy is possible I guess.

I’ve asked him to send me some pics of how he got round the linkage issue etc -which hopefully he will - he said he obviously needed to get a few bits fab’d up to get it all to work. 

• Like 1

It's been a while since I did this and I haven't worked on it since. In short and from memory, 95 750 swingarm, K8 1000 shock, gsx250 linkage which by the way is the same as a bandit and many other models, dog bones off a bike that I can't remember, also can't remember length. Battery box won't fit and will need a small lithium battery with the electricals mounted on a custom tray. Rear footrest brackets may not fit also

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blue said:

That’s a good question, was about 10yrs ago. I remember making up top hats to go in the front of the arm & making a bush with a hole in the centre to go in the slabby rocker & making up several different length doggy bones ;)

Did it work alright ?