TrunKz

My Project GSX1100xx

Posted (edited)

Hello from germany, yesterday I bought a 1100EF (Some people told me it is not an EF engine)

So far I had a CBR900RR, GSXR K6, RSV Mille rebuilt on Streetfighter.

I have to repaint this bike ( i need some detail pictures of the tank and the side panels please? So I can the painter like her again. I also need the color code. Many Thanks) .

I would like to swap the rims for 17 ". Which other models fit in the stock fork and swingarm? (11er GSXR?)

How do I get the rear higher?

Cheers Sebastian

m-konversation-anhang.html (2).jpg

Edited by TrunKz

I bought her as gsx1100ef - GV71C-. What kind of engine is that? is he much worse?

IMG_8634.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

Posted (edited)
In addition, two different carburetors were included.
The second picture shows the carburetor I got additionally. Made in Japan - Mikuni Corporation

Built in: Made in Japan - Mikuni Kogyo (Photo 1,2)

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

Edited by TrunKz

Hello and welcome, nice project. You have been informed correctly the engine is not standard EFE:|. It looks like GSX engine as fitted to Katana's, If you post the engine number on here some one will be along to ID it for you. Take a look at the projects section some very nice EFE's for inspiration and you can see what upgrades to suspension and wheels other folk have done.:tu

• Like 1

Thank you. I have seen so many beautiful EFEs. Everything is possible. MIr first enough a higher rear, 17 "rims and new paint.

I hope the engine is not bad in this composition.

Hi bud. Welcome to OSS. Possibly a GSX1100et motor. Both the EFE and the ET are good strong motors. The EFE is probably slightly stronger and puts out more power as standard. I have had both and enjoyed both. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Rustynail said:

It looks like GSX engine as fitted to Katana's, If you post the engine number on here some one will be along to ID it for you.

7e14c46e-3b03-4ba7-847e-07707812a69a.JPG

@

Fazz711

In Germany, the EFE motors are throttled to 100 HP anyway

Edited by TrunKz

Hey TrunKz! Welcome to OSS!  What colours you going to do it in? Red & Black's a favourite! (y)

36 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Hey TrunKz! Welcome to OSS!  What colours you going to do it in? Red & Black's a favourite! (y)

I can not really decide yet. it will probably turn out to be red and black. I also have an efe in a nice blue metallic one.

what is the color code for the suzuki red und the black?

there are many colors (german colorcode list) http://www.gs-classic.de/download/Suzuki-Farbcode.pdf

Got here in the end!  here's a better pic of mine & the raised Arse ;) 

photo.JPG

Posted (edited)

I love it. but I do not want to copy anything. red black is already beautiful.

thanks for the tip with OSS. it's like in heaven

Edited by TrunKz
  • Like 1

Welcome, thanks for the heads up on the captcha problem. Enjoy the site.

Hello and welcome.

Many ways to modify and update your bike to modernday runninggear. The biggest question is; do you want to modify the frame or not?

Good morning,

I do not want to modify the frame.
Important are 17 "rims (which I pick up today).
Important also a raised arse.
Likewise, the paint must be restored.
Later another fork and an extended swing.

I am very upset that I initially bought an EF without EF motor :(

This will be the most important thing to modify the engine.

Questionable is still what I have for an engine and how I can modify the best or at the same time look for an EF engine.

welcome to OSS.info

I wouldn’t bother with getting the real engine; to expensive and it doesn’t really make a difference on a streetbike that won’t be tuned to the teeth. 

Lengthen the linkage on top of the swingarm a bit and you’ll get the stance you’re looking for without modding the frame. Any deviation from the stock swingarm means loads of welding. 

thanks for your info. You also opened my eyes. I'm not driving a race track.

I have not found the matching color code yet. Could someone tell me which red and black is it?

Thanks and a relaxing day

Welcome to OSS :)

Can't help with the color code, but as above to Jack up the arse there are 2 bars coming from the top of the swing arm (near where the shock goes through) and links to the knuckle that the bottom of the shock bolts to (knuckle also bolts to frame) if you replace the 2 bars with longer ones.

Best way get some 6mm plate bar steel, still the holes top/bottom to say max 40mm longer, if you make up some in 10mm longer sizes from the standard ones you can try different highs till you get the size you want then you can get proper ones made up.

Hang on, 2nd pic shows the 2 holes, lower is original height, upper is new raised height ;) 

Posted (edited)

red is original hole, Orange is raised hole, Blue is the extended piece with brace across the back.

036A.jpg

Edited by CockneyRick

I Need this xD

many thanks. 

If i get chance later i'll measure height of extended arms. I'm 180cm tall & i'm on my toes sat on it, so i'd say a little shorter.