1127 stuck/seized?

Fjbj40

So this gsx1100f engine I got is stuck. I tried turning it with wrench from the timing cover side of engine. Not sure about these oil cooled engines, I am a virgin to them O.o.

How much torque can I put on that 19mm timing wheel? 

Is there a better spot to put some force on it. The fellow I bought it off said it ran last summer but spent the winter outside :o, I thinks it spent its life outside by the corrosion on it!

I put a couple of tsp of penetrant down each cylinder.

I only managed to snap off 2 exhaust bolts! One pertruding and one flush.

I also drained out 7.5 ltrs of oil/gas mixture, no water though (y), well a few drops but it was not rusty.

Thanks

You can put lots of torque on the 19 mm timing Wheel hex, but if anything is seized, there is no reason to push it. Remove the head and take it step by step. It may be that only something minor is seized/rusty, and you may do more damage to other parts if you force the crank to turn.

Edited by Nik

Roger that, engine is out as of tonight. Will add a few ounces of penetrant and let her soak for a few weeks.

What a mess this thing was, a couple of engine mount bolts not even tight, one actually had no nut on it. No nut on the front sprocket, etc....

Easiest engine I ever pulled out of a bike, 4 cylinder anyways. That cradle is pretty neat!

• 4 weeks later...

Well no luck so far. The MM oil has slowly ran between the rings and cylinder walls. So I am thinking something in the gearbox is stuck? Guess I will pull the clutch cover off and have a look next.

Unless it's the crank that is stuck, but I doubt it as there was so much oil/fuel in the case and no water.