New Mikuni RS Smoothbores for my 91 GSXR 750

I'm about to buy a brand new set of RS smoothbores for my 91 gsxr750

Before I do I'd like to ask for any recommendations on size/type and any peripheral products I may need to get this job done like throttle cables, intake manifold rubbers/clamps, etc etc.

Can I run them straight out of the box? or would I have to tune them - replace main jets adjust needle height etc?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Gixxer77
incorrect details

I've been informed that Mikuni distributors must advise on dual throttle cables however it's not necessary. Also I have been informed that I will not have to re-jet them, just bolt them on and hang on! 

Strange that it's necessary to set float heights before use...

Anyway, order placed, awaiting delivery.

Edited by Gixxer77
incorrect details
17 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Personally I would invest in some dyno to to get them setup properly. Never know a set of aftermarket carbs work perfectly straight out of the box.

Ive always run a single throttle cable with no problems at all.

Awesome, thanks for the useful feedback!

On 6/5/2018 at 11:34 PM, Gammaboy said:

Fuck running a single cable and running the risk of the carbs hanging open on the way into a corner.

I'm sure some people do it, but it's not something I'd risk.

I'm with you on that - Probably fine when knew ... but more likely as carbs get older - especially with Mikuni as they do not have slide bearings. besides an universal cable and push pull throttle kit isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2018 at 12:48 AM, Solcambs said:

I'm with you on that - Probably fine when knew ... but more likely as carbs get older - especially with Mikuni as they do not have slide bearings. besides an universal cable and push pull throttle kit isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things. 

Cheaper than Hospital bills!