So following a streetfightering rebuild of my gsxr 750 WP I went to start it the other day and got nothing. 

Upon turning the ignition the Speedo lights up and I get over 12v from starter relay. 

I've tested, with a multimeter, the neutral switch, side stand switch and kill switch and all are working and in the correct positions.

One suspicion is that when on turn on the ignition I here the side stand relay click twice in quick succession, like it's going open then closed again. Not sure if this is normal or what would be causing it.

Another suspicion is the starter button itself. This has two wires. One going in from the starter relay (previous owner bypassed the clutch switch), and one out to the ignition coils. There is 12V on the wire from the starter relay to the switch. However when testing voltage across the wire in from starter and wire out to ignition coils I don't get any Voltage across the wires, whether the switch is open or closed. 

Does any of this sound like it could be causing the bik not to start?