Gsxr 750 WP wiring query

Some models were fitted with twin horns so I guess thats what the spare O/G and B/BL are for.

The pink wire is connected on the RF9 and it retards the ignition in lower gears, its common to unplug it for more power in those gears.

Guess it's just in the loom on a lot of models even though it doesn't do anything.

20 hours ago, Danm54 said:

Some models were fitted with twin horns so I guess thats what the spare O/G and B/BL are for.

The pink wire is connected on the RF9 and it retards the ignition in lower gears, its common to unplug it for more power in those gears.

Guess it's just in the loom on a lot of models even though it doesn't do anything.

Yes probably the same loom used on multiple bikes of that vintage

Yes, the spare wires you refer to are for another horn for the left side of the bike. o/g and b/bl wires. 

the pink wire is not used. well, not on your model anyways. Some may say, it's the wheelie wire , but we all know wheelies are controled by yer right hand and yer awesomeness!

8 hours ago, Madb said:

Yes, the spare wires you refer to are for another horn for the left side of the bike. o/g and b/bl wires. 

the pink wire is not used. well, not on your model anyways. Some may say, it's the wheelie wire , but we all know wheelies are controled by yer right hand and yer awesomeness!

A eaome that's what I thought. Good to s NSE check th we things tho

@badgerkid. haha yeah real oddity. Tho they have their plus side. wr,ws are the better of the models. the bargin of the gsxr models, shhhhh. don't tell them tho! Love to get hold of a sp model but f@@k if I'm paying 10,000 for one. 10 years ya say, Got mine in 2006 and like yer self, still finding odd things about them. O.o

• Like 1