Gsxr 750 WP steering dampner

I'm attempting to refit the steering dampner to my gsxr 750 WP. I've been through the manual and the fiche but I can't see how the bugger is supposed to go back on.

Can someone help me here. I'll attach an image of the model of dampner I've got below.

Screenshot_20180530-215536.png

4 hours ago, Spadge said:

Thanks for this. Any idea where specifically on the frame bolt 5 attaches to (pics would be awesome). I'm really struggling here.

Actually your right (I took my damper off a couple of year ago and never replaced it)  it’s reverse of what I said bolt that goes through steering damper body goes under bottom fork clamp (see photo below)  and I can’t work out second one

34139795-B733-45C0-8983-36B53CCA8090.jpeg

5 hours ago, skunkrider2 said:

On having a second look at brackets taken off my bike, its possible the other fixing point is underneath the bracket that holds clocks and headlights. I can photo if needed.

Richy

A photo would be excellent thanks

1 minute ago, Spadge said:

Thanks for that. I've converted to a street fighter and I got rid of that bracket so no dampner for me then. At least I know where I'm at with it now. Cheers for the help.

I ve done exactly the same (hence  I wasn't sure myself) I kept all the old brackets though just incase. Thats what took so long as I had to find steering damper and bracket in a box of bits. 

Pleased I could help, although its not the answer you hoped for.

wp model had the steering damper fitted to the left side of the bike. bracket fitted under the left top frame rail and the other end fitted to the left fork via a 50mm clamp. and the were very long too tho you can get new ones at a price.The later models fitted under the bottom yoke with that damper you have now. if your yokes are the earlier type then you will need to drill and tap the bottom yoke. hope that help a bit.

8 hours ago, Madb said:

wp model had the steering damper fitted to the left side of the bike. bracket fitted under the left top frame rail and the other end fitted to the left fork via a 50mm clamp. and the were very long too tho you can get new ones at a price.The later models fitted under the bottom yoke with that damper you have now. if your yokes are the earlier type then you will need to drill and tap the bottom yoke. hope that help a bit.

Cheers mate. I think I actually have a wr, well most of it is. The frame is now an 1100 for reasons I won't get into...will take to long. Up shot of everything is that I don't think the dampner will work with my set up as I don't have the fairing bracket that attaches to the headstock, which I am led to believe the dampner attaches to. Unless of course I get creative but I'm not too arsed about it at the mo.

other way you can mount it is across the front like srad and newer model do. clamp on the left fork and some form of fixing to the frame where the fairing mount is on the head stem.

sdamper.jpg

Edited by Madb
wrong pic.