RF900 Sprocket carrier dimensions please?

Hello Peeps, I normally hang out in the aircooled section as I run a GSX1100 but I'm looking to fit a 5.5 inch rear wheel to it and have one from an RF900.  Ive been advised to run my GSX sprocket carrier which may need some machining for chain clearence however before I do I did wonder if a RF900 carrier would make things easier so wondered if anyone has one to hand and could tell me how deep it is from the sprocket mounting flange to the opposite side that seats against the wheel hub?

Also are there other sprocket carriers the same fitting as the RF900 one e.g Blandit etc?

Cheers in advance.

I know the bandit Cush drive is taller than the GSX Cush drive. You will probably find that the RF one is also taller. That is the reason I used the GSX vs the bandit Cush drive on my 1000. If memory serves me correct the GS 500 or 550 is also a 6 Cush and lower again and may not require machining. Going off memory fo the 500/550O.o

AFAIK the 500 has 6, one of the reasons it's often used for the bandit wheel install on the GS/X. So if that is a 500 the difference in height is needed for the limited space on the GSX swinger with the 5.5 wheel.

I still had to machine down my GSX drive to get a few mm of clearance on the chain run next to the frame around the swinger pivot bolt.

Important thing to remember is you also need the spacers for inside the wheel for the bearing, the bandits are too long and loads up the bearing to cause failure.

I was wrongO.o, it's a gs550 that is a 6 cushion whereas the 500 is a 5 cushion. 

That being said, I am not sure of the 550 exact dimensions, I have only read that others have used it. The gsx1100 worked for me, after minor machining.

Edited by Fjbj40