Adding some torgue and bhp

Got my old trusty bandit 1200 on the dyno today and i’m pretty chuffed with the results. 115bhp and 102 nm torque.

its nice to have a starting point from here. 

I want to keep it sensible as i love this bike and plan to keep it a nice decent runner. 

Might be looking for tovami or dynojet kit. 

Anny difference between the two? 

5F428E79-29C8-40D0-BF0B-76DBD0C3EE1F.jpeg

A lot of people on here don't like dyna kits for one thing or the other.

I've had 3 things from dyna, 1 a stage 3 kit for Miss W gsxr1100 which V&M set up on her bike years ago but it kept snapping the needles, 2 a dyna 2000 which had to be sent back for repair after 2 months and a stage 3 kit that's in the Kat which seems ok up to now and I only put it in because the carbs where worn.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mariobasso said:

Cool...i just checked. i see lots of folk in the UK who are happy with it. Be looking in to it. Tnx buddy

I  got their stepped header on my 1216cc and just ordered some more parts from them.

great to deal with  (y)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wraith said:

I've had 3 things from dyna, 1 a stage 3 kit for Miss W gsxr1100 which V&M set up on her bike years ago but it kept snapping the needles, 2 a dyna 2000 which had to be sent back for repair after 2 months and a stage 3 kit that's in the Kat which seems ok up to now and I only put it in because the carbs where worn.

Tnx for the info m8

On 10/05/2018 at 9:49 AM, wraith said:

You're confusing Dyna and Dynojet - they're two different companies. Dynojet do the jet kits (and dynamometers), Dyna make ignition components. Two different types of product, two different companies.

• Like 2

Unless your fuelling is off, you won't gain a great deal with  a jetting kit - you've got a nice smooth curve, so it's not far off.  If you want power and torque, fit a big bore kit and fit GSXR cams, 1100 cams will work well - this isn't  hard on the engine as it's a detuned GSXR1100 engine to start off with, with loads of scope for reliable power gains. With these mods you'll  need to alter the jetting , but you'll have a much more potent motor at the end of it , from  low down to high up the rev range.  If you do these mods you'll be very pleased with the results -  Mr Viz the moderator/judge/executioner/cartoonist  extraordinaire will be happier too !

• Like 1
On 11/05/2018 at 2:34 PM, zedhead said:

You're confusing Dyna and Dynojet - they're two different companies. Dynojet do the jet kits (and dynamometers), Dyna make ignition components. Two different types of product, two different companies.

I know what your saying, but if you ring dyna uk you end up speaking to the same man for either a dynojet kit and or settings or, the dyna 2000/4000 dyna coils etc. So yes maybe different companies for some reason but all in house and under the same roof ;) and the same place sorts out repairs/problems on both things.

It's like saying your suzuki with the aftermarket zorst and air filters is a standard bike :) officer xD

• Like 1

Well done on the honest post, a refreshing change from the usual owners "130bhp as standard, 150bhp with a exhaust can cut in half and some cheapo airfilters, wheelies passed my mates R1 at 200mph".... type boasts.

Might as well go 1340 if you want your arms stretching.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

The same number is quoted for the two companies and so is the likely to be the UK importer, and whilst they may offer tech support, I maybe wouldn't trust their advice - player of many instruments but virtuoso of none!

Always been good with me, sorted out the dyna 2000 when it went pop (foc) and sorted new dynojet needles out after one snapped (foc),:D  after V&M had set the carbs up, on there rolling road o.O

If you own a mk 1 1200  you might like to check out "krazy eds cv carb extra 20 hp" I have done this to my 1999 bandit  using a delkavic can with the baffle out and original link pipe  20,000 km ago and It gets the old girl going no flat spots and idles smooth . Advancing the timing 4-5degrees sharpens the throttle response to, there is dyno charts showing these mods just "google "

• Like 1
On 17-5-2018 at 1:36 PM, August17 said:

If you own a mk 1 1200  you might like to check out "krazy eds cv carb extra 20 hp" I have done this to my 1999 bandit  using a delkavic can with the baffle out and original link pipe  20,000 km ago and It gets the old girl going no flat spots and idles smooth . Advancing the timing 4-5degrees sharpens the throttle response to, there is dyno charts showing these mods just "google "

Interesting...tnx m8

On 5/17/2018 at 12:36 PM, August17 said:

I know Blandits are asthmatic but some jets and a can can't bring the performance to GSXR levels - Bandit 100hp + 20hp = 120hp where GSXR = 125hp? (better exhaust, cams and compression)

Dyno charts can be 'fooled' if you are trying to sell something........ and it isn't difficult! 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

I know Blandits are asthmatic but some jets and a can can't bring the performance to GSXR levels - Bandit 100hp + 20hp = 120hp where GSXR = 125hp? (better exhaust, cams and compression)

Dyno charts can be 'fooled' if you are trying to sell something........ and it isn't difficult! 

Well.... I had a gsf1200 -first gen- Once. Bought it well neglected and incomplete. Because of bits missing I ended up with original b12 headers mated to a link pipe plus muffler of a r1....The 60mm type

That combo put out 121...127bhp depending on rolling road and weather conditions. And yes..the pink / wheelie wire was disconnected to.

On the previous version of oss...There was a thread" show your dyno chart".... maybe it still exists? Just to prove it is possible :pimp:

1 hour ago, Blubber said:

Well.... I had a gsf1200 -first gen- Once. Bought it well neglected and incomplete. Because of bits missing I ended up with original b12 headers mated to a link pipe plus muffler of a r1....The 60mm type

That combo put out 121...127bhp depending on rolling road and weather conditions. And yes..the pink / wheelie wire was disconnected to.

On the previous version of oss...There was a thread" show your dyno chart".... maybe it still exists? Just to prove it is possible :pimp:

I tend to agree with @Gixer1460here. Its pretty easy to find a generous dyno and not correct the figure and run in 3rd gear and get a dyno sheet that shows a near stock bandit with nigh on 130bhp. Run a good GSXR on the same dyno and it will show 140bhp.

Dyno sheets in general are good for nothung but pub talk. A good well setup jetted bandit with a filter and can will give a genuine 115bhp ish at the wheel, no more.

You want to know whats really going on, you need to find a dyno that does a lot of stuff for racers and not power runs for road riders, your more likely to get real figures. Its quite funny, seen many suposed "good engines" that have been stage whatever'd and dyno sheets to prove make far less than they are supposed to when put in a propper reading dyno.

• Like 1

Went to a streetlights do (a long time ago xD) and they had a mobile Dyno, where not doing work just running the bikes and giving advice, the 3 top bikes where all gsxr1100 Miss W at 120bhp at the rear wheel, the next one up was at 121bhp then the top one at 122bhp.

no big bores etc, just all had zorst, filters and jeted.

On 20-5-2018 at 2:57 PM, MeanBean49 said:

I tend to agree with @Gixer1460here. Its pretty easy to find a generous dyno and not correct the figure and run in 3rd gear and get a dyno sheet that shows a near stock bandit with nigh on 130bhp. Run a good GSXR on the same dyno and it will show 140bhp.

Dyno sheets in general are good for nothung but pub talk. A good well setup jetted bandit with a filter and can will give a genuine 115bhp ish at the wheel, no more.

You want to know whats really going on, you need to find a dyno that does a lot of stuff for racers and not power runs for road riders, your more likely to get real figures. Its quite funny, seen many suposed "good engines" that have been stage whatever'd and dyno sheets to prove make far less than they are supposed to when put in a propper reading dyno.

Did some research before i went to this guy...has lots of experience and was recommended by several who do dragracing. i don’t see why he would want to mislead the results...from what i heard hes trust worthy. I just wanted a starting point to see where my “blandid” can be improved anyway. 

J

On 20-5-2018 at 12:32 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Just wanted to know where its at and if the lump is healthy. Not expecting to reach the mind blowing gsxr levels ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mariobasso said:

Did some research before i went to this guy...has lots of experience and was recommended by several who do dragracing. i don’t see why he would want to mislead the results...from what i heard hes trust worthy. I just wanted a starting point to see where my “blandid” can be improved anyway. 

Do all the research you want. Theres nobody in the world can deny the laws of physics. A stock bandit 12 motor with jetting and a can will make about 115 rwbhp on a real reading dyno. You can probably push that to 120bhp with a good full system. Any more is just a pub bullshit figure.

If that sort of power was easy to achieve Suzuki would have never bothered with development and water cooled motors. Same way you dont get a detuned motor that makes more than the tuned version.

Believe whatever you want I would bet a pound to a pinch of shit on a propper dyno what the figures actually are