1990 gsxr750m

Looks like the fork sliders are corroded, the other bits can be done along the way - the great thing about the 750 L/M's  is that you can slot in more recent forks, 50mm and 54mm at the clamps - big choice compared with 1100's.  Old alarms and immobilisers are a complete pain, extra stuff to go wrong.... always seem to corrode at the joins and terminals - well and truly immobilised !

Concerning the thread title; Is it a 90/L with 91 fairings or is it an actual 91/M? The reason I bring it up is that the 91/L models are over weight bastards. If it is a 91/M, I'd sell it on. If you can, I'd recommend that you find a 90/L to spend your time and money on. Lighter and better in every way. I've had both, and it's a big difference. 

Edited by Nik

One thing I did find about the weight figures between the 750 and 1100 L models and M models is that Suzuki seemed to have changed their claimed figures (more truthful). The only heavier bits of note on either are the glassed in headlights, all the main bits are very much the same - a few years ago I looked up the real weights from magazines that actually weigh their test bikes, not use claimed figures (10/11kg difference in claimed figures) - both 'M' bikes are within 2kg of the 'L' and if you weigh the headlight bracket and headlights of both, the difference is almost all their. The worse thing about the glassed in heavy headlights of the late 750 and 1100's is that is a bad place to add extra weight, it's a long way from the centre of mass and high up, so has a greater effect - add 2kg just above the engine and you won't notice it, put it at either end and high up - you certainly will !  I made an aluminium headlight bracket and made a 'foxeye' fireplace headlight fit, it saved just over 6lbs, nearly 3kgs, it made the bike feel like it was running with an empty fuel tank in comparison. Sorry for going off the subject a little, thought it was interesting though - the pretty faired in lights of the last 750/1100 bikes weren't great for handling.

• Like 2