Dyna 2000 ignitions

Foz

I'm considering fitting a dyna 2000 ignition to my 1216 bandit, what would the advantages be ? Any real world gains to be had over using the standard ignition ? 

I recently tried an ignition advancer and the bottom end was certainly much crisper however it didn't seem to help power from maybe 4-5/5k upwards . 

23 minutes ago, Foz said:

I appreciate it Rob , on a 1216 will an after market ignition give me much in the way of noticeable differences over a standard ignition ?

You can advance the top end by 4-5 same as an advancer and gain about 4bhp, but leave the bottom end stock so doesnt kill it. You can also use the tps so advance curve is more advanced at full throttle and not so much at part throttle to make it a lot more rideable but still have good ignition timing for flat out.

Also will do a shift light and 2 step rev limiter for drag racing and many other things

• Like 1
On 21/04/2018 at 9:17 PM, MeanBean49 said:

Dont bother with dyna rubbish save money and buy an ignitech. Lots cheaper Fully programable, do loadd more than a dyna does. Plug and play on standard coils and pickup too. Pm me if you want I get a discount on em

Discount ye say? 

1 hour ago, davecara said:

Quite temped by these.  Would I see much benefit over the standard B12 CDi on a turbocharged engine?

Yes mate. Huge improvement. You can have different ignition maps, you can have a boost sensor and use it to retard ignition at the top end at higher boost, will do 2 stepping and also retard ignition on 2 step to build more boost. Will do a shift light and loads of other stuff.

13 hours ago, davecara said:

Stick my name on the list then. Can’t go wrong at that money 

18 hours ago, badger said:

Was thinking about ordering one soon soon so that would be mighty handy!! Let me know when you're ordering and I'll throw you some pennies.
Thanks dude. 

On 22/04/2018 at 4:29 PM, markfoggy said:

Ok, so how do you get a TPS bolted onto a set of carbs?

Has been bothering me on which Igni to buy.

On 22/04/2018 at 2:13 PM, Wee Man said:

Might be interested.

On 22/04/2018 at 11:33 AM, CockneyRick said:

(y)

On 21/04/2018 at 10:09 PM, Foz said:

I appreciate it Rob , on a 1216 will an after market ignition give me much in the way of noticeable differences over a standard ignition ?

All, add up in for sale section ;-)