Gsx750es options

Swirl

Well just been to Nick C's emporium and a bit of wheeling and dealing and I've came away with what looks to be a nice condition loom, so tomorrow after work collect the bike from the a afor mentioned flower shop but no work will commenced as I will be having a pint for St George  

1 minute ago, Blubber said:

Only to find out later...The New front end has new bearings.

At least.. That's my luck ;)

Please proceed 

Got the slingy front end here, it's been a Zed so the bearings are wrong, and i dont want to use the cooked bearings, just ordered clutch/choke and throttle cable aswell, 

• Like 1

Well the frame is tidy, the loom I picked up off Nick C is the wrong one, but I just won an auction on one in Germany with the ignition, seat lock and a few other bits, bearings and cables have come so monday get the front end on happy days

20180425_183250.jpg

20180425_183229.jpg

20180425_183216.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

well the front ends in so I can we it round, stem is far to long, need a slingshot stem asap, I was going to grind the es stem out and make a  collar but the top yoke will need machining as well, so holding out hope for a slingshot stem

Loom has turned up from Germany, both switchgears and ignition and seat lock, clocks and infills for the fairings are here and all new cables, so  need to find a paint match for the frame, lockstops, go and get some risers back off a mate who hasn't brought them back, find a master cylinder in the cave,  buy brake hoses and mudguard and put it all together, might get out on it in the sun if I get my finger out

• Like 1

had a spare 20minutes before started fitting the new cables, job stopped as usual, the outersheath elbow had decided to welded its self in the s/hand switchgear, plastic all perished so need to pick it out when I get home Sunday and clear the thread out, nothing is ever easy

Well the saga continues, it had a throttle cable in the switchgear, but I had bought a new one so that was getting fitted, snapped the old one off and guess what the new one doesnt fit, the screw in elbow is to small so I need to make a adapator tomorrow in work and hope the cable is long enough

20180521_163721.jpg