Ets new clothes - take 1

hello fellow air cooled heads.#

this weeks paintwork post. cos I know you love them, really.

This week I have mostly been trying out a design on my small tank ET before going headlong into the big tank version.

It was looking good till I removed the fineliine to discover theblack basecoat has come off in places with it. It was painted black ages ago and I should have cleared it, but foolishly thought, ah f*ck it, it'll be fine. 

So on the upside, it will give me a chance to practice touch ups with my airbrush, . it was all looking so good to, 

is had a coat of etch primer, 2 of primer filler, black base, silver over for marbiliser, 5 coats candy red, then white

Its loosely based on gs 1000s design, and I like it, so it will get fixed

gsx1.jpg

gsx3.jpg

gsxt2.jpg

gsxt4.jpg

• Like 3

ah........... go on then......................................... twisted me arm

big tank ET done, just to be cleared and of course, tank badges screwed back on.

its my favourite so far........................................which is nice.

just got a TL to do, and I think ive got another efe bodykit lying about somewhere.

then I'm done!

et1.jpg

et7.jpg

et10.jpg

et4.jpg

et2.jpg

et5.jpg

et8.jpg

• Like 7

ah....................... yes, ..................................bike you say.............................., its er,............................in the shed....................... its in bits.

I need a couple of engine mounting  brackets welded on , but I cant weld, and have no money spare just now, so it will have to wait.

I could stick it on the frame for an idea what it will look like  once its cleared I suppose

I knowi should have left the paint till everything else was done, but I had the paint, and I have the time (signed off work due to fuct knee=70 odd quid a week, hence - no cash)

Edited by baldrick

thanks, I may well take you up on that.

ive cleared this twice, and it looks shit, , like seriously shit.

I'm using a ultra high build clear, and altho it warns not to overload it, I overloaded it. doh.

its weird stuff, it goes on and looks like theres not enough material, but if you leave it, it all flows together.

ive used it before last year with no problems, so god knows. but it was a bit warmer, only a few degrees tho, not a huge amount.

so today after flatting it all back with 800, I deliberately cut back the fluid, and upped the pressure very slightly, because it was obviously putting on too much, tested a small panel, oh perfect, looks good, so onto the big stuff, and the feckin gun starts spitting out shit, clogging at the tip, so it  was spraying a nice fan one minute, next nothing, next everything fucksakes.looks crap. I stopped and cleaned out the gun - nothing was found- obviously, so again go knows. 

painting?, you can stick it up yer arse lol

so tomorrow will be spent sanding itback with 800grit

• Like 3