PerforMoto Framed Vo Ist IT Nough

Idly Google srad stuff and it came up with this PerforMoto framed say what now!? 1100

Looks like they used  rear engine mounts and frame.

Welded to the twin spars around engine. Very simple design but looks like it is very effective.

Also looks like FireBlade running gear

Whats happened to it and is it used ?

wm_normal_performoto_sf26.jpg

Edited by GS1000 78

What the hell is a say what now? I am guessing some words have been automatically replaced but I have no idea which ones. That frame is mightily beefy on the side rails but seems to rely on the engine mounting directly onto the cylinder head, whilst dispensing completely with the original front engine mounts on the crankcases. Maybe OK for a Bandit 400 but maybe not with something that has 120bhp.

• Like 1

Always makes me wonder.

Over the years you see all these special framed bikes, Harris, Spondon, Martek etc

Yet never see them out on the road.Seen once in mag`s then never see light of day again or just go to shows

12 hours ago, GS1000 78 said:

Always makes me wonder.

Over the years you see all these special framed bikes, Harris, Spondon, Martek etc

Yet never see them out on the road.Seen once in mag`s then never see light of day again or just go to shows

Well my special framed bike is properly used i can tell you 

5AD7045C-AAE9-41D0-8FD3-61886A742148.jpeg

• Like 7
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, spiderhaed said:

Looking for more info on what engine was in the frame when the bike was featured in that mag

With a hump on the starter cover I suspect a GSXR11 (but which one ?) or Blandit. 

Re : The Head / frame mounts - not sure I like them due to using a non stressed member engine in a stressed member situation ie. it's not designed to resist those loads ............ it probably will for the low mileage the bike is likely to travel - doesn't make it right though + you are buggered trying to fit anything else in there  - 750 (nah) 1052 or 1127 (different ht.) stroke'd motor (no chance!) - all subject to how the head fixings work - solid fix or rubber grommets LOL!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

With a hump on the starter cover I suspect a GSXR11 (but which one ?) or Blandit. 

Re : The Head / frame mounts - not sure I like them due to using a non stressed member engine in a stressed member situation ie. it's not designed to resist those loads ............ it probably will for the low mileage the bike is likely to travel - doesn't make it right though + you are buggered trying to fit anything else in there  - 750 (nah) 1052 or 1127 (different ht.) stroke'd motor (no chance!) - all subject to how the head fixings work - solid fix or rubber grommets LOL!

Listen to this man. 

This bike is unusable. very bad idea.

Terrible.

Wanna sell it? @spiderhaed

from memory I think it was heat treated h30 aluminium, (I could be wrong, it was w hile ago) and the bike was featured in superbike magazine.

engine was gsxr 1100k

guy who built it was jon bickerdike, might be on fb. worth a hunt...

have you got the tank and original subframe/seat unit?

Edited by baldrick