Gs550 JMC Swingarm interchange

16 minutes ago, gsx said:

All gs gsx pivot widths the same , the thou has a bigger spindle than the 550 though

+1 and I think the swing arms are wider at the wheel spindle end, so you may need different spacers as the gs1 rear wheel is slightly wider.

So to your answer, yes it will fit but you don't need a big hammer just a standard size one ;)

Chees guys,

So would need a set of smaller bearings and a new sleeve?

Cool!

Only down side it going to make my back tyre look as skinny, as a Rude Boy's Tie!

Will possibly get outbid but at least I'll find market price, 

Mmm ! Wonder how often do they come up for sale?

Or,

Would it be better to get new one with drag style adjusters?

Mmm.......!

G.

1 hour ago, gsx said:

Bandit arms are cheap and will go in with top hats

Cheers, but need to make top hats then cut off the dog bone thingy, then get shock mounts welded on, for me I would need a lathe, and a welder,  of which I need both, so would have to pay someone to do it for me, which I would think is expensive, as I don't know anyone in the trade.

And still end up with a steel swingarm, just a different shape.

G.

22 hours ago, gsx said:

All gs gsx pivot widths the same , the thou has a bigger spindle than the 550 though

Seen a few GsX1100 et swingarms, 

It has twin shock mounts

I take it it will be the same dimensions,  any idea about shock angle? will this be badly effected IE shocks lying down too much, and width at rear axel as if I go with my wheel choices it not going that fat a rear tyre approx 120 section.

G.

Edited by Rsk_141
Mistake
43 minutes ago, Rsk_141 said:

Seen a few GsX1100 et swingarms, 

It has twin shock mounts

I take it it will be the same dimensions,  any idea about shock angle? will this be badly effected IE shocks lying down too much, and width at rear axel as if I go with my wheel choices it not going that fat a rear tyre approx 120 section.

G.

Did it years ago and shocks are fine ,dontana just love Suzuki ,not sure about wheel spindle sizes though .

I've got a spare 11 arm ,bought two cheap a bit back