GSXR 1100 Forks what wheels and brakes will fit

micktodd

The units on teh front of the forks aren't adjusters in the normal sense, they are solenoid operated compression damping units which operate on the brake light system.  Blanking plates are available on the Bay of E.  I don't know whether the plares have a small bypass channel in them or are just a blocking plate.  On 750s,  they are multiposition compression damping adjusters and from what I can see on mine, blanking them off would more or less cause the fork to hydraulic with only the blow off valve to relieve pressure.

16 hours ago, canamant said:

The units on teh front of the forks aren't adjusters in the normal sense, they are solenoid operated compression damping units which operate on the brake light system.  Blanking plates are available on the Bay of E.  I don't know whether the plares have a small bypass channel in them or are just a blocking plate.  On 750s,  they are multiposition compression damping adjusters and from what I can see on mine, blanking them off would more or less cause the fork to hydraulic with only the blow off valve to relieve pressure.

Thanks for that  (y)

3 hours ago, gsx said:

Bandit 6 wheel fits slabby forks but looks a bit lost , used Nissan 4 pots after reaming out the fork mounting holes a bit and using a washer under each bolt to space them over a bit .

6 bandit wheel did look shit though !

RF600 front goes strate into a b6 and uses the same discs, brakes, spacers etc but its a 3.5" rim so a 120 front tyre instead of a 110 ;) 

20 hours ago, gsx said:

Bandit 6 wheel fits slabby forks but looks a bit lost , used Nissan 4 pots after reaming out the fork mounting holes a bit and using a washer under each bolt to space them over a bit .

6 bandit wheel did look shit though !

Cheers gsx already on my shopping list (y) got set of gsx1100 wheels off swirl 

16 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

So dose a mark 2 b600 and its s 3.5 rim as well:tu

Looked at the Mark 2 b600 but with it been shafty  only rear wheel was vx800 but front single disc  so when swirl said he had the gsx1100g well  i couldn't resist  matching wheels look so much better