GSX600F tyre choice

andydrinkell

I have a GSX 600 FR (1995) and wondered what tyres were good for it? Not sure what I have at the moment, forget what they are and bike isn't here at the moment but in the wet it handles like a supermarket trolley. Good in the dry but awful in the wet.

Are there any tyres out there that are good in both dry and wet?

Had a really bad accident years ago due to a tyre mismatch (although the bike shop , BMW, Metzeler and Continental all said it was a good combination. They forgot to test it with a bike with a fairing...) and don't want the same again. Instinct for self preservation has kicked in with age. This also means that instead of pubs, I now enjoy tea rooms. Please, shoot me, lol

On the old Beemer I had metzelers front and back. Couldn't get a replacement metz for the rear and they recommended a continental. The fairing made front too light, had massive tank slapper and the front end went. Apparently happened to loads of people with fairings. Missus flogged the bike whilst I was laid up in bed (can you believe it?) and the guy who bought it kept the tyres as they were. Worked ruddy perfectly.

Just looking to see exactly what works on the GSX600F. I heard that Michelin pilots were good. wondered what else there was.