A trip down memory lane

Hi All

Firstly its great to see the site alive and running. It has been many years since I've visited, mostly since I moved to the Middle East the best part of a decade ago and sold my Katana a few years before that even!

It's great to the scene thriving and it got me to thinking about another Kat - that was what bought me back to the site in the first place. In turn that got me thinking about my old bike. A massive long shot, but I sold it to someone via this site way back in in 2004/5 - A good guy from memory, he came over from the Isle of Man to collect it and I believe he had others.

Now if it were a standard Kat I know my request is pretty ridiculous, but it was a little modified whilst a long shot you never know someone may remember it.

It was in Streetfighters back way back in the day and there was an article on it calling it the Donkey Choker - a Pip Higham bike. I blew the engine doing a flyer at Woodbridge and dropped in an EFE before it was later sold - so the pic here taken outside Big CC had the earlier engine. 

Does anyone know the bikes whereabouts now, or even have an encylopaedic knowledge of back issues of Streetfighters mag?

Fingers crossed.

Matt

KatMat.jpg

• Like 4

Ash does ring a bell, but then so do a few of the names on here even after so long.

The pink logos challenged me at first, but after a while I grew to like them :)

Memories are flooding back - WP forks, magnesium dymags, harris clip-ons and swing arm?, harris collection exhaust, spondon floating discs, ohlins shocks, 33mm smoothbores,  dyna coils and taylor leads, dyna 2000 etc... you'd almost call it a vintage speed version, definitely of its time.

Of course a standard EFE engine after I killed the bored and breathed on one.

I bought it at Motorcycles Unlimited in Perivale who always had a few oddities. I think they got it from Reservoir Cogs or his brother...

I remember a website with scans of all the old Kat/OSS articles in Streetfighters Mag - but damned if I can find it, its probably gone... it was a long long time ago

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, FairlyFast said:

KatMat.jpg

Foook in hell Matt long time no hear....you must either like the middle east or the $$$ ...you,ve been there a few years now 9_9

a friend of mine owned that Kat for some time it had some nice bits on it and in it... if I recall ResCogs bought it off him via Eblag it then changed hands a few times quite quickly and ending up collecting dust at Motorcycles Unlimited in Perivale where you acquired it from.....

I,m guessing that pic was taken at the Dyno day at the old BigCC shop that was part of the old 200mph forums 3 day event ...Dyno , flyers and then 1/4s at the Pod....I only did the 1/4s on me Blue EFE

I,m sure the OSS grapevine will find its current location given a little time......

if you can narrow down the year it was in Streetfighters I can look to see if i have the mag :tu

Clive

Edited by Duckndive

Hi Clive, good to hear from you. Its a bit of both and no tax helps :)

I can't remember if that was just one of Sean's dyno days or the first of the 200mph Ultimate Street-bike Challenges. Great days but all so very long ago. The pic is tagged 2004.

On the mag year, I've googled away for hours but no joy and of course I've had about six different laptops since then. I distinctly remember a web page where someone had collated and scanned all the old feature bikes - probably taken down by the copyright police years ago!

Anyway good to see you are around and still on the scene, perhaps there's even a piece of my 'broken' EFE still on one of yours :)

Matt