Does Anyone Recognise This GSX1100?

gs7_11

Back in 2003 I had a fledgling business where I did some engine builds, bike restorations, rewires and the like. I only did it for a year or so, but one of the jobs I did was to build an engine for a chap called Jon from Hemel Hempstead. I built the 1100 engine as requested, and very nice it was too, and then I never heard anything else. He said he'd let me know how it ran etc, but I never heard a thing. Anyone recognise it?

DSCF0078.JPG

Excellente! :banana:

Really pleased to see it all in one piece! Hope the engine was ok.

I had a bit of fun with it.....there was a deformed M8 nut floating around in the cases, which had been trapped somewhere, and a lump missing from one of the liners. I think it had had a traumatic life!

(Actually, I've till got the nut in my little 'black museum' box, after all these years. tell Jon he can have it back! xD )

It'd be great if Jon checked I here again, and gave us an update.

Hi Martin, hope you are well.

Yes that is my bike which you built the engine for in 2003. The engine was dynod in 2004 at 139 bhp, its still going strong. Although since changing jobs and buying a new house the bike doesn't get as much use as it should do.

It was featured in Streetfighters Magazine 226, if you send me a private message with your email address I will send you a few pics of the bike and a copy of the article if you would like.

For posterity I have uploaded the picture you sent me with my crank and the deformed nut it in.

Kind Regards, Jon

JHcrank_nut.Jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Radeonuk said:

Hi Martin, hope you are well.

Yes that is my bike which you built the engine for in 2003. The engine was dynod in 2004 at 139 bhp, its still going strong. Although since changing jobs and buying a new house the bike doesn't get as much use as it should do.

It was featured in Streetfighters Magazine 226, if you send me a private message with your email address I will send you a few pics of the bike and a copy of the article if you would like.

For posterity I have uploaded the picture you sent me with my crank and the deformed nut it in.

Kind Regards, Jon

Hi Jon, great to hear from you! I'm well thanks, and back on the GS.

Really pleased that the engine  was a good one...I must have done something right then! Looking back through the pics I've got (not sure if I sent you them all?) it had a nasty break in the crankcase on the ignition side, besides the chunk missing from a liner, and apparently one of the mounts was seized. Was all that really 14 years ago?

I'd love a copy of the article, thanks, I'll PM you.

All the best. :tu

JH_GSXb.jpg

Img2.jpg