Newbie gs650 owner

Hi all!  After owning numerous bikes over the past few years some costing upwards of 10k. I decided to go old school so I bought myself a 1982 GS650L for the (i think) bargin price of £850 & I love it!  It has a few battle scars here & there but overall in great nick!  I was wondering how I could find out the paint codes as at the moment my bike is blue,   but I want to paint it to a two tone brown colour similar to the picture. Any help greatly appreciated!! 

Screenshot_20170814-202419.png

I've seen paint codes posted, but not lately, and maybe not GS. Try hitting the 'All Suzuki's Ever Made' website. You might be lucky there. Failing that, take your picture to your local friendly Suzuki dealer. He may be able to help you out.

Finally...welcome to OSS! (y)

Edited by Swiss Toni

I have a question also if someone could help.  This is probably straight forward but forgive me as I am new to old school carb bikes!  I had the petcock turned to 3 oclock which from the picture you can see says PRI.  Now my thinking was that should be the OFF position since 6 oclock is on & 9 oclock is reserve.  But I found that the air filter was dripping fuel onto the engine casing slowly over say a weeks time.  Faulty petcock? 

IMG_6341.JPG

IMG_6342.JPG

It's a vacuum tape, the pri  (3 o'clock) allows the fuel to flow freely, ie us this to get fuel to the carbs if its been stud for a day or two. When the tape is on the On position or Res  position fuel should not come out of the tape till the engine is being turned over or running.

So when not using the bike you can leave it on the On or Res position. ;)