Dyna 2000 ignition

Is this a serious question? Its probably the most popular aftermarket ignition after the Dyna S by volume sales! Unless you need the Dyna 2000 tuning features, the original ignition is perfectly adequate. Question is are you planning a full EFI or Semi EFI conversion? The former won't need the Dyna, the latter can be used for ignition and triggering the injector ECU.

Yes it's a serious question due to cdi failure last night up the Raven and thinking everything is overhauled bar the ignition minus the dyna coils and uprated wiring I asked if anyone had any thoughts on dyna 2000 due to looking on the net and seeing some people had issues with the control module burning out for some reason and thought before I believe what I read I would ask people with first hand Experience. Yes it would be good to use some of its features as my efe  is turbo'd and could tune the ignition better. The efi route I was suggesting was something as a last resort due to taking bike of road and modifying TBs etc because it is fine how it runs now and does what I want it to do I just want a newer set up. Cheers 

In that case i've had three personally - first was bought early 90's when they first came out - non programmable and is still going ok, last one on my 1460 and programmable type - no probs. Originals made in the US then they switched to far east manufacture and peeps having problems DOA's ....as were other electronic unit suppliers so not exclusive - less now so maybe QA has improved or they've switched back to US? If it was me, i'd use a dyna as a trigger for EFI NA. but not use it to control ignition on a turbo - the resolution isn't enough to cope with starting, idle, off boost cruise and then boost - just my thoughts!

• Like 1

The old non-programmable Dyna2000 -now- on my EFE has been faultless, but I've heard the stories of units regularly failing.

3 hours ago, dupersunc said:

I don't know why anyone would pay Dyna2000 money when you cant get an Ignitech TCIP4 for half the cost.

Where were they in the nineties? xD

Also the (older?) Dyna unit has adjuster knobs and a timing led making on the bike setup without plugging in a pc possible.

It is way overpriced though, and I have made the mistake of using copper leads (suppressor type leads needed) which led to misfiring at high rpm..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...