Slingshot K1 Swingarm Shock Fitment

OldKat

I'm happy with my setup you've seen my one only saw your post today on fula's thread sorry man, only thing I'd change is probably making up bottom adapter plate as my linkage has hit frame on bad bump or may grind bit more out of frame. also hasn't had much of field test as electrics played up on bike and only just got stupid thing sorted now, no high speed testing done yet. So maybe someone on here will give better insight as my one not really tested I'm more of a manufacture problem, test, improve :)

I have the k4 arm which is same as k1 I think looks similar, used 2mm washer too in swingarm bearing dust covers to get spacing right.

k2 linkage and wheels, adjustable dogbones and adjustable top mount bracket (sits high have custom subframe so not sure if will work with stock setup) which is recommended as I'm still tinkering with my setup still not right.and my shock is one that fitted the stock 750 size, hagon with a different spring rate.

Edited by CAPTAIN CRUNCH

Thanks for coming back to me, greatly appreciated. The other idea I was toying with is forgetting the k1 rear end mod and fitting WP banana arm with curved three spoke wheel and using a curved three spoke k7 hayabusa front in my k1 front end. At least then there is symmetry front and rear. It's a difficult one...... 

• 4 years later...

I put a k1 arm in my slingshot race bike, used standard slingy linkage and made some adjustable dog bones using rose joints. 

Had to grind a bit of the swingarm in the middle to get bit more clearnce for the shock.

Used an ohlins and had it resprung to suit. Had no issues with it at all once I got it setup how I wanted it.