Got myself an ET......nearly

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Back home for the weekend a day earlier than planned:) it’s not raining so thought time for a quick ride,took some starting as she’s not been run since last Nov.

Out for a couple of hours,the back roads are pretty dirty but had a bit of fun and got the oil warmed up,checked the minor suspension adjustments I made seem a bit better but need a good setup before I stick some more power through the motor next year.

Stopped to warm my hands and took a quick picxD

056241B6-2796-4F1A-B54E-10DED068AF4D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a nasty leak on the float bowls so spent some garage time sorting,fitted some stainless bolts I had lying around while I was at it,also sorted the fuel hose routing while the tank was off.

Broken chain guard welded by my mate,had it powder coated to while I was at it,refitted ready for Donington next weekend.

Just waiting for my new OSS stickers to arrive.....  :)

C79BA819-95B8-4394-9AA5-E8E0FBB6F0F6.jpeg

0F37B6E3-2DBB-4FC9-B7A5-D9485B48D51E.jpeg

785E10E2-48C4-475E-97E3-504C9B8EBEBB.jpeg

5AA27C78-3A31-49DA-B9EC-A198826F19A7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorted a few more electrical gremlins this morning, loose coil and a poor earth,also fitted the heat shield.

Went for a test ride then gave it full beans down my local dual carriageway,when I shut off it just died, then restarted within a few seconds when I pulled into a lay-by and now she’s smoking like a bastard... ah bugger you sort one problem then create another.

The motor was coming out over the winter anyway,looks like it may be happening sooner than I planned :(

Home after a slow ride home, pissed off threw her back in the naughty corner.....

4A2F51AE-2A0E-4864-9281-2281DD0BC447.jpeg

9A9DD825-5ADD-4838-9A4E-EE83E7AA668C.jpeg

7AE4308D-879D-43E4-8484-9374E4317DE3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Did a compression test at the weekend low figures so seems that the top end is dead...smokes like a bastard from cold and sounds like a bag of bolts.....strip down time but won’t start until October though as I’ve got to finish the 2 smoke project first, time for a rebore or maybe a big bore kit and a snail :)

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Simbec1863 said:

Tack sa mycket Hasse :tu

The baffle is homemade and yes is mega loud without it :D

Didn't know you spoke Swedish.;)

I have the same Propipe for my EFE without a baffle and it might be a tad to loud.:D

So i will make my own baffle this winter, i want as small restriction as possible and as close to 100db that are allowed in Sweden.(y)

If i'm wrong surely someone will tell me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

A little svenska used to work for SAS based in Arlanda a few years back.

Cool, been at airport maintenance too many many years ago.

So do you have any pictures of your baffle.

We (I) don't want to get banned by the moderators for non OSS content.

(That VIZdude scares the shit out of me, must be his avatar)

Edited by Askamaskinservice
Splälling
  • Like 1