RAU GS1000 Trickframe Racer

Nickel

very nice!  - know what you mean ref: wheels - I recently bought a tricked out something else because it had a set of classic 18"  dymags that I knew were in good nick   - messing about with bits left over i've got a set of 18" 5 spoke CMA alloy ( not mag) 4 1/2" inner width rear - not the lightest round thing but definitely period ( off a P&M) and a set of 38mm Marzocchi M1R forks  - if its of any interest - the CMA's are heavier than the slabby wheels your using - the front is about 2 1/2lbs heavier-  don't have weight comparison for the rear

Double check those M1R's I thought that they were 42mm, if they are you have found the Holy grail. The ones that I'm thinking about would have fallen out of Bimota possibly Duk and are very highly sought after in Classic Endurance.

CMA rears warp time and space around them, avoid. Fronts are not a lot better.

Edited by markfoggy
CMA Slagging.

They were quoted as being M1R forks but TBh I don't know - they look like a 38mm marzocchi fork that you would find on typical Italian bikes around late 80's - no external adjusters, anyway i'll be cleaning them up and checking them out before putting up for sale

Agree ref: the CMA - they were period correct for P&M's - the story I got was nothing to do with any technical value - simply P&M were friendly with the guy along the block who made them and they got a good deal - hayho, the original mag alloy set I acquired lasted about 2 months on the road - amazed a wheel could make such a big crack and not disintegrate  - lucky!, bin - replaced with their alloy road version - but now replaced with a set of classic dymags  - 2nd fiddle to Astralites forsure,but a heck of improvement on the CMA

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, nlovien said:

They were quoted as being M1R forks but TBh I don't know - they look like a 38mm marzocchi fork that you would find on typical Italian bikes around late 80's - no external adjusters, anyway i'll be cleaning them up and checking them out before putting up for sale

Agree ref: the CMA - they were period correct for P&M's - the story I got was nothing to do with any technical value - simply P&M were friendly with the guy along the block who made them and they got a good deal - hayho, the original mag alloy set I acquired lasted about 2 months on the road - amazed a wheel could make such a big crack and not disintegrate  - lucky!, bin - replaced with their alloy road version - but now replaced with a set of classic dymags  - 2nd fiddle to Astralites forsure,but a heck of improvement on the CMA

On 2/26/2017 at 5:01 PM, markfoggy said:

Double check those M1R's I thought that they were 42mm, if they are you have found the Holy grail. The ones that I'm thinking about would have fallen out of Bimota possibly Duk and are very highly sought after in Classic Endurance.

CMA rears warp time and space around them, avoid. Fronts are not a lot better.

The "normal" Marzocchi M1R's are 41.7 mm and are on (I believe) Duc's, Laverda's, Bimota's and Moto Guzzi's. According to one topic on the Laverda forum it seems that there are 38 mm M1R's , but they are rare.

I have a set of a Ducati Paso, which seems to me the easiest way of getting them, but as I like the Paso it would be a shame to buy such a bike purely for the front forks ;)