Katana 1100 paint

or, as they say in the club, to the single most asked question on kats, 13 bloody L...
but thats a pretty worthless number really because its only suzukis own code. you will be better going to a paint supplier and getting them to scan and make up a batch to a piece of existing paintwork. there are a few existing automotive shades that are close matches, nissan has one and i think theres a bmw silver thats close.

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, johnr said:

or, as they say in the club, to the single most asked question on kats, 13 bloody L...
but thats a pretty worthless number really because its only suzukis own code. you will be better going to a paint supplier and getting them to scan and make up a batch to a piece of existing paintwork. there are a few existing automotive shades that are close matches, nissan has one and i think theres a bmw silver thats close.

It's not a worthless code. There are a few silvers for the Katana and 13L is the most common. Here is the exact match of 13L from Colorrite who does a lot of colors for the motorcycle industry.  https://www.colorrite.com/product/suzuki-13l-bright-silver-metallic-1622.cfm

• 2 weeks later...

standox paint is quality, but you pay for it.

Worth it tho, especially when you see how shite some of the cheaper paint is.

As with most things, you get what you pay for,

and for the record -  if you phone most  paint suppliers and quote them Suzuki 13L code , they wont have a clue what you are on about.

if you are not doing a complete respray, a spectrophotometer will give you the closest colour  match, but it can still be slightly off depending where you scan it.

its actually easier to go for a complete respray, and there are nicer metallic silvers out there. I used a Saab silver which had a great metallic effect in it.

if memory serves one of the old Nissan silvers is a pretty good match, but im old so my memorys fuct and I cant remember what model/ year it is, sorry

Edited by baldrick