Dimensions Harris Magnum 4

Spike

I'm planning to build a Harris Magnum 4 like frame myself.

I'm taking Jimbo's bike as example.

He gave me some pics of his beautiful bike (thanks again mate!).

Perhaps anyone has some dimensions or pictures I can take some measurments from?

Thanks!!!

I may be able to get a CAD model of a Harris Mag 2 frame.

I know someone who worked at Harris and is currently building a scale model of his Mag 2 café racer.

He had a scale frame rapid prototyped on a 3D printer.. Sad I know  (I'll get me coat)..

• Like 2

I know someone who worked at Harris and is currently building a scale model of his Mag 2 café racer.

He had a scale frame rapid prototyped on a 3D printer.. Sad I know  (I'll get me coat)..

that sounds awesome! I'd love to see that and even have one to put on the shelf lol!

Edited by ads54
  • Like 1

Company i deliver too has just invested in a 3D printer, and they've had a play making several things (phone case, minions, character heads, plus a miniature replica F1 car)  hopefully they are going to make some items i require motorbike related ;)

• Like 1

Don't want to sound like an angry lawyer but whilst building your own frame is to be admired (providing your engineering, materials and welding are top notch) but 'dimensionally ripping off' a commercially produced item technically infringes makers copyright. The whole point of a self produced frame is its your creation and doesn't rely on critical dimensions from someone elses! These things are created in a jig - you place the engine, configure where the headstock needs to be with proposed forks and wheel and where swingarm pivot needs to be using whatever s/arm and wheel - then glue it all together with whatever collection of tubes you choose. Just saying is all!

Don't want to sound like an angry lawyer but whilst building your own frame is to be admired (providing your engineering, materials and welding are top notch) but 'dimensionally ripping off' a commercially produced item technically infringes makers copyright. The whole point of a self produced frame is its your creation and doesn't rely on critical dimensions from someone elses! These things are created in a jig - you place the engine, configure where the headstock needs to be with proposed forks and wheel and where swingarm pivot needs to be using whatever s/arm and wheel - then glue it all together with whatever collection of tubes you choose. Just saying is all!

No worries mate. I understand your reply.

It'll be build under supervision of a professional frame-builder. 

Guy is a genius. Has a Kwak with complet carbon frame for himself and has made numerous frames and swingarms for road- and race-use.

And about ripping off the design, it'll be a lookalike, not an exact copy.

Some different lines and thicker tubing. Look at it as a mix of PEST, Spondon and Harris. Using the nicest lines.

But I have to start from somewhere and the Mag4 base is perfect for that.

So no problems! :D

• Like 1

I'll be in your debt mate!!

PM is on it's way!

Again many many thanks!!!

should have about 60 photos to your email buddy 

I'm sure the end result isn't going to be total plagiarism hence I'm happy to have helped. I can only imagine how hard it would be to copy a Harris frame exactly just from photos. 

• Like 1